Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mouser45

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2013
If there's really no updates to the iphone until the fall, Apple is going to be hurting. Way too long of a gap

AstralShane

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2013
LOL.....

The blurry-ness is probably because whoever took it was in a hurry, or trying not to get caught by security; if this is indeed real.

definitive

macrumors 68020
Aug 4, 2008
You're listing some pretty major features there. I'm thinking Apple will not impress you with iOS 7.

They've not impressed me since iPhone 4. Meanwhile their competition has already surpassed them. I have a feeling a lot of people will be jumping ship to Galaxy S4 once 5S is released.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
What is the point of posting photos like this when you can't really tell squat from them?

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
Please someone leak the screen size, so we can all sit back and relax. I seriously feel the 3.5 is small. I use Numbers, iPhoto, iMovie and not to mention games. For lot of apps the 3.5 is enough in fact more than needed, but for lot of thing 3.5 is becoming too small.

Exactly, that's why Apple should offer at least two phones with different screen sizes.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
My thought is if they had access, why are the new parts in poor quality but the five is perfect.

And that looks more like the home button piece that feel out of my roommates iPhone when he dropped it and busted the front totally apart.

----------

The issue here is the implication of them allegedly having parts to two generations of phone. That would seemingly prove that there will be two phones released this year. And since they have the information now one of them must be coming out soon

----------

Possibility. The existence of which would imply it is coming out very soon. Validating the March rumors

----------

A lot of folks would say that making a bigger iPhone after all that talk about the 'sweet spot' size for one handed use and an iPad mini seemingly in defiance of Steve's disdain for smaller sizes was very interesting.

As for the whole they need to do something big, I disagree. That is the talk of analysts wanting to drive the stock price down. Given the public love etc Steve held taking a year or so to just hold steady and get comfortable in the situation is not uncalled for. And then, as the new components like Haswell come out, begin the typical slow Apple climb. When the time is right perhaps they will do something big but most folks around here will just poo poo it anyway because it won't be the big they think it should be. Like it will be a new Apple TV box not the 'big and amazing' of a new actual TV set

----------

It's most likely the same 4 inch screen as the iPhone 5. If you want bigger for your apps and such that's what the iPad and iPad mini are for.

i think the 4 inch screen on the i5 makes all the difference. the 16:9 aspect ratio aswell is amazing.. compared to the 3.5 inch screen iphone its such a big difference

tonyshaker

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2012
Dont understand

I dont under stand why every one is moaning around about apple and there shares and products. YES in technology by time things should get thinner and faster what is it that a customer wants that could be more than that there software is great and they do extremely well selling each year. people keep going on about android and how apple should adapt some features from android softwares. if you want a android go by one.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

French site Nowhereelse.fr shares [Google translation] a pair of photos of what the original source claims are speaker enclosures for both the upcoming iPhone 5S and a future iPhone 6. The two parts are similar in appearance both to each other and to the corresponding iPhone 5 part, but do contain several differences.

Photo of claimed iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 speaker enclosures with iPhone 5 part superimposed
It is of course impossible to tell for certain whether the parts are indeed legitimate and whether they are intended for the upcoming iPhone models as claimed. Nowehereelse.fr has published a number of accurate photos in the past, but typically obtains the photos by scouring web postings from Asia and thus the photos typically come from a variety of sources that make it difficult to determine their reliability.

Edge view of claimed iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 speaker enclosures

Article Link: First Alleged Part Photos from iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 Surface

Wow, now thats news worthy. Always wanted to see a vague picture of a speaker enclosure to get you going on how a new phone will look. :rolleyes:

I8P'CS

Suspended
Jul 29, 2010
Getting boring now. How many times can you keep giving a company money yearly for the same OS and slightly tweaked phone?!?

I for sure won't until something that really changes the game comes a long. Have the 5 and i'm happy

tito2020

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2011
I believe apple is making more products because they have more control of there facilities now.

Krauser

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2009
Why would it be called the iPhone 6? If it came after the 5S, it would be the 8th generation iPhone :confused::confused::confused:
They need to do what they did with the iPad and just start calling them "iPhones" instead of sticking an arbitrary number unrelated to the actual generation of the product.

It's not like Apple is going to release new MacBooks and calls them "The MacBook Pro with Retina Display 2."

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
it's funny how people can leak pictures of future parts

but these pics are always with a krappy quality

if one can really access to these parts for real, i don't see why picture quality could be so bad

even the cheapest smartphone can take better pics

to make it look like they had to do it "secretly"

mouser45

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2013
As an Apple user since 1986, I'm ready to just ship when it comes to my phone choice. Sorry, 4 inches doesn't cut it anymore. People want larger screens. Offer them choices. I find their lack of choices disturbing and arrogant and they fail to see that the larger screens are here to stay, especially outside the U.S.

This spells trouble for Apple as I believe the 5S will be universally panned by the media and Wall St.

I've owned an iPhone since the first one. The 5 will be my last one until Apple decides to offer consumers a larger sized iPhone. Hope someone in Cup. is listening.

Tell Apple what you think....

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

100% agreed but apples way too arrogant to change

History will repeat itself just like in the 90s with apple vs microsoft

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
As an Apple user since 1986, I'm ready to just ship when it comes to my phone choice. Sorry, 4 inches doesn't cut it anymore. People want larger screens. Offer them choices. I find their lack of choices disturbing and arrogant and they fail to see that the larger screens are here to stay, especially outside the U.S.

This spells trouble for Apple as I believe the 5S will be universally panned by the media and Wall St.

I've owned an iPhone since the first one. The 5 will be my last one until Apple decides to offer consumers a larger sized iPhone. Hope someone in Cup. is listening.

Tell Apple what you think....

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

It's not even that it's 4" it's the fact that it is just a stretched out 4" being as wide as their 3.5" devices.

----------

Getting boring now. How many times can you keep giving a company money yearly for the same OS and slightly tweaked phone?!?

I for sure won't until something that really changes the game comes a long. Have the 5 and i'm happy

Agree, I will wait until the next redesign and then see if it is worth upgrading to.

Tronic

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
Why is the iPhone 6 part thicker than the 5? Wouldn't that be a step back?

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
I don't know, that speaker assembly looks a lot less well designed than the current speaker assembly. I don't like how Apple is trying to appeal to the masses instead of the pros with this speaker assembly. I think I'll switch to Windows if this is real!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.