Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Am3r1ca16

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
New York City
Developers pay the $100 a year so they can make/test applications! Not so they can use betas! (Although using the betas does help when writing applications, it's not the sole reason for becoming a dev)

im aware of that. i wasn't generalizing i was just saying for the ones that pay to use the betas. because i know some that dont develop app and stuff. but yes you are right.

cdcdoc

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2012
The discussion about "i am a dev" and you are not will never end and will never have a solution. It is not even the purpose of this forum. It is true that since I am given the opportunity to use a beta...who are you to tell me that I should not?? But using a beta without a Dev account also puts you on the possition to get in trouble if you use it with your main device. Suck it up and do not act like a Developer.
On the other hand paying 100 brings responsabilities on both parts and being kept in the dark is not one of them. There was some user who said yesterday that he called Apple Dev Support and he was told that he should downgrade this weekend because there are low changes for beta 5 or a GM. But here we are with beta5/GM...Very unprofessional...

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i really hope we get iOS 6.1 release this week but I wont be surprised if we dont because its apple and they could push out beta 6 if they wanted to or make us wait a few weeks between beta 5 and public release.

Mateo97120

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2008
As Tim Cook announced 4G LTE activation for next week for 36 carriers, we should see final ios 6.1 next week so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.