Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I didn't believe it. I wanted to verify it for myself... But it was only after I restored my 3GS that I found that multiple people already confirmed it.

You been around for a long time.
You should know that when dhlizard says something you can take that to the bank and deposit that:D
Put your two cents in, and get a dollar back.
"Lil Wayne"

Last edited:

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
You been around for a long time.
You should know that when dhlizard says something you can take that to the bank and deposit that:D
Put your two cents in, and get a dollar back.
"Lil Wayne"

+1

from MN

MuscleNerd ‏@MuscleNerd
Despite the odd beta naming, as @winocm discovered, this is actually releaseable as public 6.1 at Apple's will. Good! Home stretch….

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Apple is just being overly stubborn at this point. Beta 5 or GM, we will see a public release before this Friday and hopefully a jailbreak shortly after.

romeo0119

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
You can download it even if ur not a dev, just have to look around. You can activate it also and no expire date for this beta. Go

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I doubt that, how can apple close loopholes of they don't know what to close? JB devs don't tell others where the exploit is.

They jailbreak a phone. Then compare.

Or at least download the files and reverse engineer them.

That's why no one is releasing their breaks before 6.1. It should be really soon so why given Apple access to the code so they can figure it out, close the holes, perhaps find a couple more along the way and the jailbreak is a fleeting moment when a secured 6.1 comes out

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Its pretty easy to find their exploits once the JB is released...They would just read the code written for the JB and then close the holes it used.

Ill bet the JBers already have this GM jailbroken and are ready to release the JB. They CANT until Apple officially makes their move. Ever played chess? We see what move Apple is going to make now, but are waiting for them to put the piece down and make it permanent. We wouldnt go grab our piece and show them where we are about to move, just to have Apple change their mind. (Which they still can)

Once millions have iOS 6.1 installed, there is no going back for Apple and the JB can be released.

tehreflex

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2009
Guess we got a couple to a few more weeks left. Since iOS 6.1 Beta 5 was just released it has to get tested and such.

Edit: What if this was going to be 6.1 final, but Apple delayed since the JB team was tweeting "RELEASE 6.1, WE'RE READY!"

TSX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
They jailbreak a phone. Then compare.

Or at least download the files and reverse engineer them.

That's why no one is releasing their breaks before 6.1. It should be really soon so why given Apple access to the code so they can figure it out, close the holes, perhaps find a couple more along the way and the jailbreak is a fleeting moment when a secured 6.1 comes out

I know that apparently you weren't reading the post.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Guess we got a couple to a few more weeks left. Since iOS 6.1 Beta 5 was just released it has to get tested and such.

Edit: What if this was going to be 6.1 final, but Apple delayed since the JB team was tweeting "RELEASE 6.1, WE'RE READY!"

We basically have a GM with the wrong label. Apple also said they would have lte ready for the European markets this week. Everything points to this being the GM and a public release coming this week. The JB should follow shortly after the public release.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
We basically have a GM with the wrong label. Apple also said they would have lte ready for the European markets this week. Everything points to this being the GM and a public release coming this week. The JB should follow shortly after the public release.

It looks like we made a believer out of you before the JB...

Lend27

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2004

I don't see the point in taunting Apple. Why not just keep a low profile and wait til they release publicly. Then release the jailbreak. Why rub their noses in it?

Lend27

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2004
Maybe rubbing their nose in it in the long term will make apple decide to open up iOS a bit.

Funny, I have never seen that tactic result in anything positive, either in business or personal life. But that's just me I guess.

Lend27

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2004
Is anyone updating their iOS now since a jailbreak will be released?

My iPad mini is at 6.0.2 but obviously has not been jail broken. Looking forward to jail breaking it.
My iPhone 4S is jailbroken and still at 5.0.1. Won't upgrade it til a jailbreak is available untethered.
Hopefully soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.