Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rappar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Canada
I did a search but could not come up with an answer...
An Photo app for iPad/IPhone I wanted did not seem to be available through my iPad but could be purchased and downloaded to my iMac. Is there a way to transfer it from my iMac to the iPad? Do I have to connect to iTunes, I really don't want to sync with iTunes and possibly see some apps disappear.
Thanks

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I did a search but could not come up with an answer...
An Photo app for iPad/IPhone I wanted did not seem to be available through my iPad but could be purchased and downloaded to my iMac. Is there a way to transfer it from my iMac to the iPad? Do I have to connect to iTunes, I really don't want to sync with iTunes and possibly see some apps disappear.
Thanks

I'm a bit confused. any app that works on the ipad can be downloaded from the ipad. it might be too big to download on cell data but that's about the only restriction.

are you seeing this app on the computer via the app store application or the itunes store in the itunes app. Cause if it's the former then that's a computer app and no you can't sync it to the ipad cause it won't work on it. If it is through iTunes then you should be able to sync it and as long as the other apps are on your computer also they won't disappear

rappar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Canada
I'm a bit confused. any app that works on the ipad can be downloaded from the ipad. it might be too big to download on cell data but that's about the only restriction.

are you seeing this app on the computer via the app store application or the itunes store in the itunes app. Cause if it's the former then that's a computer app and no you can't sync it to the ipad cause it won't work on it. If it is through iTunes then you should be able to sync it and as long as the other apps are on your computer also they won't disappear

I discovered that this was an app that would run on the iPhone but not the iPad. That was the reason I could not transfer it.

Ashwood11

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2010
US
I discovered that this was an app that would run on the iPhone but not the iPad. That was the reason I could not transfer it.

If it runs on the iPhone it will run on the iPad. They both run on the iOS operating system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.