Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleGuesser

macrumors regular
May 1, 2012
Macon, GA
+1
Thank you

People who can't fill up a 16gb or 32gb device don't need a smartphone, a feature phone would suit them just fine.

Really now? I seem to need a smartphone. I blog for my website I work for, I bank on my iPhone, I skype to do interviews, and I use my iPhone as a planner. I have a 16 gb iPhone, use several cloud storage apps including Amazon Cloud Player and don't fill up my iPhone.

Tell me again why I should sell my iPhone for a pantech keyboard phone? Please :rolleyes:

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
snip...The 'Average' user is someone who is not going to need 128GB...that's a rare rare case. As we start moving into higher size apps and movies, then yes, there will be a nature move to higher sizes...just like any media does.
Thanks for defining what you think the "average" user needs.

snip... but I haven't heard one person I know that has an iPhone or iPad that needs 128 or complained that their 32 or 64GB wasn't enough.
What you haven'g heard could probably fill a library.

Maybe you should "know" more than one person LOL:D

snip... not the norm.
You are defining "norm" within your on scope, which is fine, however mileage will vary on the term "norm".

----------

Really now? I seem to need a smartphone. I blog for my website I work for, I bank on my iPhone, I skype to do interviews, and I use my iPhone as a planner. I have a 16 gb iPhone, use several cloud storage apps including Amazon Cloud Player and don't fill up my iPhone.

Tell me again why I should sell my iPhone for a pantech keyboard phone? Please :
You answered your own question, highlighted in red. You don't need space, thus an iPhone.

You need features.

putongnihongo

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2012
I NEED 128 GBs on both my iPad and my iPhone. iPhone wise I have a 150+ gigs of music and even though I can't squeeze all of it into an 128 gb iphone I could get enough for my jukebox fit plus my various reference apps, finance apps, and news apps. I work in the finance market with a focus on Asian markets and not a surprise asian language dictionaries, or at least the good ones, are pretty damn big. I hate having to pick and choose apps day by day because I easily fill up my phone. While my iPhone has my music library, my iPad has my TV and Movie collection besides the thousands of documents of investment reports. I would snap up a 128 gb iPhone 5S and an iPad 5 in a heart beat.

And to all the people that say Cloud Cloud Cloud Cloud, AND Cloud. I LOVE the cloud as a backup but I prefer to have everything already on my device.

mouser45

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2013
How about starting with apple not gouging us 100 bucks to go from 16gb to 32gb? It costs them pennies.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Hopefully 32 gb is going to be the starting model for future iPhones.. That would actually be fantastic if Apple did that

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
What if you have very little music? The other stuff doesn't take up much space, but you can't use it well on a dumb phone.

Since signing up for Spotify my storage needs have shrank dramatically. Music and video are typically the most memory hungry things on phones.

I dont many are walking around with 16gb of email and pdf's.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
I've never seen the need for 128 gb. I have a 32 gb iPhone 5 and I still haven't used all the space, despite an hd movie, 400 songs, 1000+ pictures and a ton of apps. 128 seems like overkill, especially with iTunes in the cloud.

I agree with what you're saying but that in no way excuses apple from not having a higher gb device if it was technologically possible for them to do so. I wouldn't buy a 128 device unless it was simply to have a higher resale value. Of coure if they do come out with a 128 device the immediate cries for a 256 device will start.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
No. My Mac Pro has 4 hard drives in it, totaling about 4.5TB of advertised storage. If I didn't have these hard drives lying around when I got my Mac, I wouldn't have bought them.
Not concerned with what's in your Mac Pro, it's irrealevant to why people on this thread want a 128gb device.

A 128GB iPhone is a waste of money, for me.

I fixed that for ya.

What if you have very little music?
That would be strange.
other stuff doesn't take up much space,
Have you looked at some of the previous post of what some users have loaded and the file sizes. queue: "I don't use that other stuff."

but you can't use it well on a dumb phone.
Sounds like a personal problem, however the answer is simple. Don't by a large capacity device and let others who are interested in one be.

----------

But if you actually manage your device you dont need that much.
The 128gb point is lost on you.

Torrijos

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2006
The 128 GB are for the next AppleTV!

iPhone and iPad are supposed to evolve toward cloud streaming for most content that isn't apps (music, photos...).

A new AppleTV supporting apps and HD (or 4k ^^) would need a lot more space for caching.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
Good!

I have no need for a 128GB device, but this implies (I hope) that 32 will be the new entry-level and 64 will be the new mid-level. That would save me some $$$ when I upgrade my old original iPad this year (probably during the Christmas shopping season).

jebbe

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Louisville, KY
That would be my next purchase for sure, I currently have a 64gb 4S and I always find myself debating on what to keep on it.

I do use it for work a lot, I store A LOT of music in both my iPod app and Spotify along with a long long list of podcasts I listen to on my long trek to work.

I tend to store a lot of large files on it at times too.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
[/COLOR]
You answered your own question, highlighted in red. You don't need space, thus an iPhone.

You need features.

Weak. So pathetically weak. If that's what you have, why not just admit: "you know what, you're right." At least then you can hold your head up on these forums.

ZacNicholson

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
Austin
+1
Thank you

People who can't fill up a 16gb or 32gb device don't need a smartphone, a feature phone would suit them just fine.

I don't know if you are just that ******* ignorant or just a prick looking for attention. many people have 16gb iPhones that they don't fill it up.

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
So far, my 64 GB iPhone 4S is only half full, I have over 4000 songs on it now. I don't anticipate needing 128 GB at this point, but if it's added, the 64 GB version would be the midrange instead of the top tier, making it $100 cheaper on the iPhone 5S

I'm for that

Nungster

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
I've never seen the need for 128 gb. I have a 32 gb iPhone 5 and I still haven't used all the space, despite an hd movie, 400 songs, 1000+ pictures and a ton of apps. 128 seems like overkill, especially with iTunes in the cloud.

I agree. All 128Gb is for lazy disorganized people, who don't archive their s41t. Seriously, organize and clean up your stuff and 32 or 64 is by far enough. But heh, flash is cheap, unless it's Apple flash.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.