Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Hmm...I just got my wife an open box 13" Air (128GB SSD) for $984 (I think) minus a 10% off coupon, so about $885 or so. Looks brand new and had a full warranty, but I do see that the same store which had a 2nd open box of the same model is now pricing that 2nd one about $30 less. I'm very slightly tempted to go there and try to get an added discount, but I'm pretty confident that it will turn into a long drawn-out affair with me leaving upset. The irony of it is that I could save myself some aggravation by just buying that 2nd one they've got and then returning the 1st one for a full refund, but I already registered the first one, so I'd like to be a nice guy (and save myself a bit of trouble) and get the difference refunded and keep what I've got. At this point, I think I'm just going to not bother at all and keep what I've got and not even try to get the difference refunded. If you've read this far, thank you for wasting 3 minutes of your life that you can't get back. ;)

We're speed-readers (approx 15 sec's), and we're sympathetic to your obviously troubled mind. ;)

mauka

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2006
Not seeing any price matching by Amazon:

Apple MacBook Air MD232LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (NEWEST VERSION) $1,478.02, $20.98 or 1% discount.

hipnetic

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2010
Most likely it will say does not work on Open box items. but your right if that was the response then you could return the 1st one and buy the second one. Also was the 2nd OBX that was $30 less equal to being the Original price minus $200 to get that price?
I'm not sure I follow what you're asking. When I purchased the $984 open box, there were two of them at that same price. These are the same 13" / 4GB / 128GB Airs that they're now selling new for $1000. Today, that 2nd open box Air is now showing up on their site as being reduced to $958. Minus the "10% off open box items" coupon brings it down to $862 vs the $886 I paid for mine, so a $24 savings. Not sure it's worth the trouble for that, but if I could talk the starting price down from $958 to something lower, it could be.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Sigh. Caved. Picked up the 4GB/128GB 11" I've had my eye on for a while to replace my 2008 unibody Macbook and augment the 2011 13" 4GB/128GB MBA.

B

mjcxp

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
They did until last night. They ran out of stock of the 13 inch base model and both 11 inch models. I am not sure why the 13 inch $1499 model is not on sale for $1299.

Rad99004

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2009
MATH = MacBook Air ToucH

Sales hmmm sounds like a new model will be released soon.

The rumors were wrong calling the IPhone 5's next model "MATH"

It's actually for the Mac Book Air.

"MATH" = MacBook Air ToucH or MacBook Air Touch Hybrid

Max_Walker

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2002
Sales hmmm sounds like a new model will be released soon.

The rumors were wrong calling the IPhone 5's next model "MATH"

It's actually for the Mac Book Air.

"MATH" = MacBook Air ToucH or MacBook Air Touch Hybrid

Would prefer Macbook Air Tv & Haptic

Rocco83

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2011
I bought one of the 11" 128GB SD ones and had a 10% discount coupon as well. Came in under $900. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

gm713

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
I literally bought MacBook Air 11 inch yesterday from Best Buy. Anyone know if they will price match because of this sale and give me back $100?

They should. They have a 30 day price-match policy and 60 days for Reward Silver members.

DaveN

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2010
Missed it

Saw the article and was going to buy but I came down with a nasty case of the flu within hours and didn't make it to the store. Oh well. I really need 8 GB for my photo work so I'll buy a refurb from Apple.

serrada

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2008
Sales tax won't make a $200 difference if you are comparing Apples to Apples.

Saw the article and was going to buy but I came down with a nasty case of the flu within hours and didn't make it to the store. Oh well. I really need 8 GB for my photo work so I'll buy a refurb from Apple.

If you are going to purchase AppleCare, it is still a good deal at B&H just as long as you don't have to pay tax.

sseaton1971

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2012
Hmm...I just got my wife an open box 13" Air (128GB SSD) for $984 (I think) minus a 10% off coupon, so about $885 or so. Looks brand new and had a full warranty, but I do see that the same store which had a 2nd open box of the same model is now pricing that 2nd one about $30 less. I'm very slightly tempted to go there and try to get an added discount, but I'm pretty confident that it will turn into a long drawn-out affair with me leaving upset. The irony of it is that I could save myself some aggravation by just buying that 2nd one they've got and then returning the 1st one for a full refund, but I already registered the first one, so I'd like to be a nice guy (and save myself a bit of trouble) and get the difference refunded and keep what I've got. At this point, I think I'm just going to not bother at all and keep what I've got and not even try to get the difference refunded. If you've read this far, thank you for wasting 3 minutes of your life that you can't get back. ;)

Glad we could help you make this important decision! ;)

hipnetic

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2010
Glad we could help you make this important decision! ;)
Actually, I missed out. Was running some errands near the Best Buy so I stopped in, but the other open box model must have gotten sold within the previous hour. At that point, I didn't really have any leverage. Oh well, no biggie. My wife loves it and the $886 (+ tax) that I paid was still a solid deal.

lixuelai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
I wasn't home for the BB refurb deal or when Amazon had it in stock for $999. Anyway I purchased one from Amazon Warehouse for $950. Came with 0 cycles and successfully updated the purchase date to 1/26 for AppleCare coverage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.