Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sece1212

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
So, I have a bit of a dilemma. I recently purchased a brand new 13' Retina for about $1500. However, someone recently offered me a '15 Retina for $1400. Now, I've done research and have seen the benchmarks and what not, but the idea of a used computer bothers me. He did tell me it was basically spotless but I would not be receiving the charger, which is sort of sketchy...

Opinions? :)

dlimes13

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Perrysburg, OH
So, I have a bit of a dilemma. I recently purchased a brand new 13' Retina for about $1500. However, someone recently offered me a '15 Retina for $1400. Now, I've done research and have seen the benchmarks and what not, but the idea of a used computer bothers me. He did tell me it was basically spotless but I would not be receiving the charger, which is sort of sketchy...

Opinions? :)

Used computers can be alright. Just make sure it powers up and you can test everything before the purchase. Ask the right questions (why are you selling it, anything wrong with it, etc.) and you should be fine.

I just bought a base 2012 13" MacBook Air for $775. Looks and feels like brand new. Not a scratch on it and it's a steal of a price. Just take your time during the examination and you'll be fine. The 15" rMBP is a much better value than the 13" anyway. More power and more bang for you buck. $1400 would be an amazing price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.