Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009
I say this with an unblemished record of staunch heterosexuality: if this works, I'm going to hunt down and kiss both you and Bruce2125. I've had this problem since day one with my 2012 Acadia Denali.

Well, you don't have to worry about me kissing you or Bruce. That setting works for incoming calls only, and I don't have problem with incoming calls. My problem is that 50% of all outgoing calls initiated on the iPhone (like pressing a Favorites contact) will switch from handsfree to the iPhone itself, thereby making me manually switch it back to the handsfree kit.

mac00l

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2011
I'm almost sure that it is an issue with the BT technology used in most cars.

I drive a Toyota, my dad drives a Mercedes. I have almost the same issues in both cars with my iPhone 5. But not only that, he has heavier issues with his BB, it dies sometimes with incoming calls, while streaming music.

The issue with my iPhone 5 in the Toyota is that sometimes when I turn it on, BT streaming starts but starts to stutter like crazy. First I thought it was the phone, but after closing everything, hard reset and pretty much everything that comes to mind, the only solution was to turn off the car, and turn it back on.

In the Mercedes the music starts to stutter every now and then.

My conclusion is that my dad's BB has not enough RAM and get a kernel panic. Regarding iPhone 4s and 5, I believe Bluetooth 4.0 is having issues with previous technology. Since my mom's iPhone 4 has no issue with neither car.

LostAggie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
I have a 2012 TL and 2012 MDX... Both work with my iPhone 5 just fine. I did have the stereo in the TL replaced due to another issue but the Bluetooth always seemed okay...

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
2012 Cadillac CTS here, bluetooth works when it wants too on my i5, but I dont really use it because the CTS setup for it is complicated as hell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.