Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
What is your primary Internet browser? I use Chrome on my Windows-based computers and Safari on my Mac. Might switch over to Chrome for my Mac soon. So.... what do you use?

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
What is your primary Internet browser? I use Chrome on my Windows-based computers and Safari on my Mac. Might switch over to Chrome for my Mac soon. So.... what do you use?

I use Chrome on all my Apple devices, it's nice.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
Chrome for my mac, windows PC, work PC, my Galaxy Tab and my Galaxy Nexus.

Pretty much chrome across the board.

In terms of browsers on my computers it goes Chrome, FF ,IE if on windows, anything else, and then safari. as you can tell I think safari is crap.

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
Safari for everything. Chrome always seemed slower than Safari to me. And I like the layout of Safari better. It follows the logic of most other apps, where as Chrome does not.

However, I do use Safari, Chrome, and Firefox for testing. (And sometimes signing into something multiple times.)

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Safari at the moment although I've been having some issues with it crashing lately so I might be switching to Chrome, but we'll see what happens.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Safari is just the worst. I can't remember the last time I opened it in OS X.

OS X: Firefox and then Chrome. I've just found Firefox to be more reliable with streaming (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) and is fine for everything else. Occasionally I'll even bust out Camino. Never Safari.

Win XP (Bootcamp): Chrome.

Win 7 (Work): IE 9, Firefox, and Chrome. IE 9 needed for some things (VPN and random logins, business banking), Firefox for the rest, Chrome for personal gmail and whatnot.

Micky Do

macrumors 68020
Aug 31, 2012
a South Pacific island

Safari on my own Mac Mini. Whatever is installed on other computers I use from time to time..... I'm not all that fussy. They seem to differ only in a the details. For general use the differences don't bother me much.

@ Squilly; May I suggest you set up a poll for this topic. The information would be more concisely presented and illustrated with a graph, which would be more useful than scrolling down the thread. Respondents can still leave a comment after they have voted.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Chrome accross all my devices, because it didn't care if I was on Windows, Android or iOS, everything stays synced.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
netscape. i was unaware that there were other options?!?

Serious or being funny?

I use Firefox primarily. It is frequently updated and I like the security addons. (Better Privacy, No Script, Netcraft Tool Bar, and Web of Trust (WOT). I assume Chome has something like this, but I use Xmarks, an online bookmark manager/synch program.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.