Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
We don't even know when iOS 6.1 will be released so I don't think people should be counting on a jailbreak this week (I wish)

From what they've said, the "beta" that was just released over the weekend is essentially a GM, and a release is imminent. They are thinking the release will be out sometime this week. The "this week" tweet makes things more interesting now. Can't wait to see what they have for us!

Shaddow825

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2006
I wonder if they will have a hack like they did for the 4s that lets us restore the jailbreakable firmware once the window is closed.

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
JB devs don't touch tweak development.

It's either that they have backup exploits, a downgrade path, or an easy jailbreak method like jailbreakme.com

No, Chpwn is an example of a JB dev which does tweaks.

Backwards compatibility helpers have been made before. (increased the backwards compatibility of some tweaks)

But yeah, you are still probably right about your thought.

----------

I wonder if they will have a hack like they did for the 4s that lets us restore the jailbreakable firmware once the window is closed.

That was on the iPhone 4 and iPad 2 or earlier. It was because they had a bootrom exploit.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
No

That was on the iPhone 4 and iPad 2 or earlier. It was because they had a bootrom exploit.

Not accurate, there is a downgrade for the 4S on 5.x.
At the moment there is no downgrade from 6.x

But that was the case with 5.x also until they found a work around.
I expect the same for 6.x after some time...

Last edited:

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Apple has been known to release and then (like the next day) release a minor .01 update that throws off all the JB'rs. The JB team might wait a couple days for the dust to settle.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Looks like I may have been wrong (hopefully) after all.

I'll still believe it when I see it, but a 6.1 JB would be donation worthy if for no other reason than iBlacklist and PDANet.

Crossing fingers, but I'm still of the belief they'll find some wacky reason to excuse delaying the release ad nauseum...

First time for everything if I'm wrong though:p

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Apple has been known to release and then (like the next day) release a minor .01 update that throws off all the JB'rs. The JB team might wait a couple days for the dust to settle.

Eh, apple will likely release a .1.0 update to patch the jailbreak, but that won't be right away. And just don't upgrade your firmware in that case.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World

I haven't seen that, what has happened is tha Apple released an update within a few weeks to fix the security holes unveiled by the jailbreak :)

Looks like I may have been wrong (hopefully) after all.

I'll still believe it when I see it, but a 6.1 JB would be donation worthy if for no other reason than iBlacklist and PDANet.

Anotherone starting to believe... :)

Btw if you purchased iBlacklist on a different device you need to re-purchase for 50% price which really is a ripoff!

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I haven't seen that, what has happened is tha Apple released an update within a few weeks to fix the security holes unveiled by the jailbreak :)

Anotherone starting to believe... :)

Btw if you purchased iBlacklist on a different device you need to re-purchase for 50% price which really is a ripoff!

Agreed.

iBlacklist sucks IMO. Buggy, expensive, bad customer service.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
BTW traffic on the forum is picking up in anticipation for the JB.

After the release will be busy 'fixing' the broken jailbrakes and telling people that it is normal that Cydia is unreachable because of high traffic volume...

Darkhrse99

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2013
New Mexico
So if Apple releases the new update and you want to Jailbreak your iphone that is on 6.0, you should wait for the jailbreak and not upgrade to 6.1 right?

TSX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
6.1 is public!!!!

http://9to5mac.com/2013/01/28/apple...*******?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=faceboo

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

:D :D :D :D :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.