Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orvn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I have an iMac (24-inch, Early 2009) with a damaged display (the glass panel over-top is fine, it's the actual display underneath that's the problem).

Normally I'd buy parts from iFixit or eBay, but I can't seem to find the display for sale. Could anyone recommend a decent place?

I would do the installation myself, so the Apple store isn't an option (also from previous repair jobs I've noticed that they appear to have a fairly significant markup on parts).

fastlanephil

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2007
Try this place. I bought a iMac G5 logic board here for $100 last fall. I haven't gotten around to installing it yet but it came with a two year warranty. I have all the tools but it's a difficult repair.

If I chicken out I'll just take it to a shop.:D

PowerBook Medic

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
I have an iMac (24-inch, Early 2009) with a damaged display (the glass panel over-top is fine, it's the actual display underneath that's the problem).

Normally I'd buy parts from iFixit or eBay, but I can't seem to find the display for sale. Could anyone recommend a decent place?

I would do the installation myself, so the Apple store isn't an option (also from previous repair jobs I've noticed that they appear to have a fairly significant markup on parts).

If you're a little daring and trying to save money try EBay sellers for parts. Also check with OWC (http://www.macsales.com), they may have some leads for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.