Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evanmac3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2013
I've just gotten a 2TB time machine. The first pro was used to set up the time machine, so the back up worked. The second pro won't find the time machine/air porter. How do I get everything to work properly time capsule with two different computers?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I've just gotten a 2TB time machine. The first pro was used to set up the time machine, so the back up worked. The second pro won't find the time machine/air porter. How do I get everything to work properly time capsule with two different computers?

Just to be clear, you bought a Time Capsule like this (router with a backup drive built in)? As long as both machines are on the Time Capsule network, you should be able to go into the Time Machine settings on the computer and click on "select disk", then choose the Time Capsule disk.

What do you see when you try this?

designs216

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
Sometimes you have to mount the TimeMachine disk first before you can do your first backup. Usually the subsequent backups don't require this step.

Which version of OSX are you using, BTW?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.