Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dysphonix

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
Will this fix the call quality problem with the iPhone 5?

Downloading now to see if this will finally resolve the absolutely atrocious call quality with the iPhone 5 (robotic voice, cutting in and out, etc). If not, bye bye iPhone...

matty.p

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
Portland, OR
Downloading now to see if this will finally resolve the absolutely atrocious call quality with the iPhone 5 (robotic voice, cutting in and out, etc). If not, bye bye iPhone...

Really? You may want to check with an Apple Store. My call quality is 10x what it was on the 4s.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Forgive me if anyone has already said this, but all I've heard about the latest Android update (4.2) has been how buggy and awful it is.....

What was that about Android pioneering the future? :rolleyes:

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
meanwhile Android is kicking it into higher gear with JellyBean and taking over the market.

Apple...stupid gimmicks like Siri isn't what the consumer wants...they want a more fluid and accessible OS.

iOS is dying fast...

Exactly. What kind of company puts put point updates? ONLY major updates should be released. Any company that puts out both major AND minor updates is headed for doom--and fast! Just as you say.

You seem certain Apple is not working on iOS 7. I bet you're right--it's just the kind of thing they'd forget to do!

(But I think you mean Android 2.3, not Jelly Bean. Jelly Bean's market penetration is amazingly poor for how long it has been out :p That's Android-style planned obsolescence for you... at least Apple gives you updates for the 2 years you're paying off the phone.)

Forgive me if anyone has already said this, but all I've heard about the latest Android update (4.2) has been how buggy and awful it is.....

What was that about Android pioneering the future? :rolleyes:

Remember: Apple is not perfect. Android is not perfect. But Apple's successes NEVER matter and their flaws ALWAYS do. While Android's successes ALWAYS matter and their flaws NEVER do. The troll's mantra!

Sadly, the public doesn't realize that and keeps flocking to iOS in droves, giving it customer satisfaction numbers that Android cannot touch. So many Android users don't even know or care that they have an Android phone. They're glad they have a web browser and have no idea that a more painless option exists. But if they ever try a malware-free, power-efficient, easy-to-use iPhone, they're not likely to go back to Android. Switchers exist in both directions... but far from equally! Look at the numbers and you'll see Android taking market away from dumbphones, not from iOS users.

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
Is everything in earlier Beta 6.1s included in final 6.1?

So this was in the release notes for beta 4 (see below). How do we know if this is in the final 6.1? Nothing is mentioned regarding the push email with Exchange clients in the first post in this thread.

Release Notes

iOS SDK Release Notes for iOS 6.1 beta 4
Fixed: In iOS 6.0, push email does not work consistently with Exchange clients. This was usually related to moving between Wi-Fi and cellular networks.

RobNYC

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2008
New York, NY
Can you actually DELETE music from it now?

Edit: Never mind, moderngamenewb further up the thread said we can delete songs again with iTunes match on.

Last edited:

LlamaLarry

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2008
Northern VA
Not to wait for the untethered jailbrake, but the tethers one has not been a problem all through 6.1.

BTW, http://ios.e-lite.org/ if you want to download the ispw's direct instead of via iTunes (so you can use download accelerators and download all of the variants you need at one). Yes, the links are to Apple's servers, but it is not my website.

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
meanwhile Android is kicking it into higher gear with JellyBean and taking over the market.

Apple...stupid gimmicks like Siri isn't what the consumer wants...they want a more fluid and accessible OS.

iOS is dying fast...

I plan to switch to a nexus at end of 4s contract. iOS is just so stagnant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.