Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevinf1990

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
i recently got the applecare+ along with my iphone 5. The guy at the apple store just rang up the iphone 5 and also added applecare+ on to my order. Since i was in a hurry i forgot to ask him about activating the applecare+ and he didn't say anything about it either. On my email receipt, it shows the iphone and the applecare with my serial number and the agreement number. I know that the receipt also says that the plan is registered automatically but i don't see any mention of it on my apple ID account.

is there something that i'm missing? thanks.

ChrisN718

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2013
Flushing, NY
i recently got the applecare+ along with my iphone 5. The guy at the apple store just rang up the iphone 5 and also added applecare+ on to my order. Since i was in a hurry i forgot to ask him about activating the applecare+ and he didn't say anything about it either. On my email receipt, it shows the iphone and the applecare with my serial number and the agreement number. I know that the receipt also says that the plan is registered automatically but i don't see any mention of it on my apple ID account.

is there something that i'm missing? thanks.

It automatically gets registered as soon as you purchase it. Apple would only need your iPhone's serial # and they'll see that you have applecare +. You can also verify it here apple.com/support/applecare/ww/

kevinf1990

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
yeah that's what i did. but when i go to "check your service and support coverage" and enter my serial number it says that i have coverage until 2014 when it should be 2 years and say 2015. also when i check my applecare agreements under my apple ID it says i don't have any registered

ChrisN718

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2013
Flushing, NY
yeah that's what i did. but when i go to "check your service and support coverage" and enter my serial number it says that i have coverage until 2014 when it should be 2 years and say 2015. also when i check my applecare agreements under my apple ID it says i don't have any registered

It's not supposed to show up if you bought applecare + at an apple store. But as soon as you buy it it automatically gets activated. You can even try registering it, it'll say something along the lines of "This applecare plan is already activated".

Also, when did you buy it? cause I bought mine on Dec 1st and it shows that it expires on Nov 30 2014 which is 2 years.

kevinf1990

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
well I bought it on 1/25/2013 and when I try to register it, it tells me "We're sorry, but this registration number is not valid. Please check your information and try again."

when registering, would i select "applecare protection plan" or "applecare premium services and support"?

ChrisN718

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2013
Flushing, NY
well I bought it on 1/25/2013 and when I try to register it, it tells me "We're sorry, but this registration number is not valid. Please check your information and try again."

when registering, would i select "applecare protection plan" or "applecare premium services and support"?

applecare protection plan

make sure your entering the Agreement Number and Serial Number from your receipt.

kevinf1990

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
yup that's what i've been doing and it gives me the error "We're sorry, but this registration number is not valid. Please check your information and try again."

not sure why this is. I'm copying and pasting directly from the receipt. and also why is it not supposed to show up if i bought it at the apple store as opposed to buying online?

ChrisN718

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2013
Flushing, NY
yup that's what i've been doing and it gives me the error "We're sorry, but this registration number is not valid. Please check your information and try again."

not sure why this is. I'm copying and pasting directly from the receipt. and also why is it not supposed to show up if i bought it at the apple store as opposed to buying online?

Not sure why that is. When does yours expire when you verify?

According to Apple -- "If you purchased the AppleCare Protection Plan at the same time as your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV or Apple display from the Apple Online Store, the Apple Retail Store, and select Apple resellers, your AppleCare Protection Plan was automatically registered."

Try calling and letting them know that it gives you an error when you attempt to register.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.