Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
I have absolutely no use/interest for any of the "updates" in this release. that said, happy to update just for the sake of updating.

Jailbreak please?

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
Yay for new Apple TV features:
  • iTunes in the Cloud - Browse and play your purchased iTunes Music directly from iCloud.
  • Up Next - See upcoming songs when playing music, and easily choose what plays next.
  • Bluetooth Keyboard - Use your Apple Wireless Keyboard to control your Apple TV

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
meanwhile Android is kicking it into higher gear with JellyBean and taking over the market.

Apple...stupid gimmicks like Siri isn't what the consumer wants...they want a more fluid and accessible OS.

iOS is dying fast...

You are either a troll or are influenced by the marketing and positive press for Android and negative press for Apple. Jellybean is as much of a point update as any other. Animations are STILL not as high framerste as iOS and something seems fundamentally wrong with the latency in touch and physics. The other feature added was 360 Panoramas which plenty of third party apps have done for years and are still arguably better. Also it's foolish if you didn't expect the open model like Android to beat iOS in a metric like market share.

RJCP

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2011
I can confirm that people with iTunes Match can now (finally) remove individual songs and albums as in iOS 5.

Hard to believe it took them 4 months to sort this out.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
@planetbeing

iOS 6.1 appears to be vulnerable to the exploits we are planning on using. :)

------------------------------------------------------

‏@planetbeing

In terms of code, we have two proof of concepts that we need to merge and polish, so we will not be ready to release until that and testing.

Oh yeah! :D

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
I do t why but I am getting this error message when I try to install iOS 6.1 on my iPod touch 5g. What to do??? Help. Also I posted this message from my iPod touch 5g so I do have Internet access.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 108

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Glad to see the updates rolling in. They also updated the AppleTV today. 10.8.3 must be right around the corner.

thatsfinebut

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2010
Chicago
I agree with most of the comments here. This is one of the most boring updates I've seen. It seems like this should have been a 6.0.3. Apple could then put an article in the news section on their site about the new Fandango/Siri ticket ordering.

Also, I hope this fixes the App Store issue I have where the store shows me that I have an update (by showing me the little number of updates available), but doesn't show me the apps. When I force close the app store and re-open it, the apps needing updates are then correctly listed out. This happens on my 3rd generation iPad and on my iPhone 5.

DDaddyx2

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
I just installed it. Noticed two thing:
#1 - I had to go through a routine regarding iCloud to add security questions and a recovery email address

#2 - ActiveSync from my company's Exchange server seems snappier. Emails seem to be pushing to the phone a lot sooner than they did before. But that's just a perception call on my part.

foodog

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2006
Atlanta, GA
what is the `New button to reset the Advertising Identifier` ?

Located at General |About | Advertising...

Ad Tracking

iOS 6 introduces the Advertising Identifier, a non-permanent, non-personal, device identifier, that apps will use to give you more control over advertisers’ ability to use tracking methods. You can reset a device’s Advertising Identifier at any time. And, if you choose to limit ad tracking, apps are not permitted to use the Advertising Identifier to serve you targeted ads. In the future all apps will be required to use the Advertising Identifier. However, until then you may still receive targeted ads.

----------

I just installed it. Noticed two thing:
#1 - I had to go through a routine regarding iCloud to add security questions and a recovery email address

#2 - ActiveSync from my company's Exchange server seems snappier. Emails seem to be pushing to the phone a lot sooner than they did before. But that's just a perception call on my part.

Safari is snappier too. ;-)

moderngamenewb

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
Due to the lacklustre nature of iOS 6, this is the first iPhone I am looking forward to jailbreaking! I have actually never jailbroken my phone before.

When you jailbreak, two things to consider. One, make sure you backup your phone through iCloud or the computer so that way if anything goes wrong, everything is backed up. Two, jailbreak will decrease the battery life. Those are just a couple of things to consider. Jailbreaking is fun though for a few things, my favorite being the ability to play emulators on the phone

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
I do t why but I am getting this error message when I try to install iOS 6.1 on my iPod touch 5g. What to do??? Help. Also I posted this message from my iPod touch 5g so I do have Internet access.

I have noticed that error happens when I'm at work on wi-fi and our firewall kicks in.

manhattanmania

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2007
any change to Verizon carrier settings version? Secretly hoping there been some progress with the unnecessarily weak LTE.

foodog

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2006
Atlanta, GA
what is this for?

From the phone....

Ad Tracking

iOS 6 introduces the Advertising Identifier, a non-permanent, non-personal, device identifier, that apps will use to give you more control over advertisers’ ability to use tracking methods. You can reset a device’s Advertising Identifier at any time. And, if you choose to limit ad tracking, apps are not permitted to use the Advertising Identifier to serve you targeted ads. In the future all apps will be required to use the Advertising Identifier. However, until then you may still receive targeted ads.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.