Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
I do t why but I am getting this error message when I try to install iOS 6.1 on my iPod touch 5g. What to do??? Help. Also I posted this message from my iPod touch 5g so I do have Internet access.

I'm getting the same issue :C I'm guessing maybe it's an iPod touch problem then?

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
I'm getting the same issue :C I'm guessing maybe it's an iPod touch problem then?

It could be related to people being unable to update their iPod touch 5th gens to the ios 6.1 beta 5. Since this is the exact same thing as the 5th beta, apple might have to release a patch to allow iPod 5 users to update.

Anyone with a 5th gen iPod that can or can't update please post here!

caesarp

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2012
I just installed it. Noticed two thing:
#1 - I had to go through a routine regarding iCloud to add security questions and a recovery email address

#2 - ActiveSync from my company's Exchange server seems snappier. Emails seem to be pushing to the phone a lot sooner than they did before. But that's just a perception call on my part.

That's because exchange email push was broken with ios 6.0 (generally you had to manually check email to get corporate exchange email downloaded to an iphone 5). Supposedly 6.1 fixes it. Your #2 observation is encouraging.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
That's because exchange email push was broken with ios 6.0 (generally you had to manually check email to get corporate exchange email downloaded to an iphone 5). Supposedly 6.1 fixes it. Your #2 observation is encouraging.

That's not true; at least for the masses. I had the iPhone 5 the second week of release, and connected to Exchange 2010 fine. Emails pushed to me with no issues at all.

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
Glad to see the purchased tab on the app store still crashes it. :mad:

On another note the badge and unread count on the email clears much quicker now when deleting emails.

DDaddyx2

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
That's exactly what I experienced before: I had to open the Mail app to get my Exchange emails to come in (unless I let a lot of time pass). Now they are showing up at the same time they appear in Outlook.

aluren

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Can someone please tell me if Safari is snappier? Need this confirmed before I do the update.

MrPomme

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2012
France
I do t why but I am getting this error message when I try to install iOS 6.1 on my iPod touch 5g. What to do??? Help. Also I posted this message from my iPod touch 5g so I do have Internet access.

I have the same error and was able to update my iPad and my iPhone.
Tried via iTunes , it says this version is not compatible with my device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.