Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
Yeah, lucky you, I didn't get LTE in Lithuania :( Apple just won't turn it on, even though network is ready.

PlatinuM195

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2009
The assistive touch bug is finally fixed, where the screen won't auto-lock if the assistive home-button was the last thing you pressed.

Cancelled
Jul 13, 2008
Lock screen play controls finally match the new Music app, including the awesome volume knob that changes as you tilt the phone.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
If I hear one more thing in relation to the battery I'm going to go bat****crazy.

On a side note, I love the music player and music lock screen design changes. Installed beta 5 about an hour before this went public, but I'm assuming they're two identical files.

DMH3006

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
If I hear one more thing in relation to the battery I'm going to go bat****crazy.

On a side note, I love the music player and music lock screen design changes. Installed beta 5 about an hour before this went public, but I'm assuming they're two identical files.

They're actually the same file I think.

humar

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2012
Italy
According to wikipedia:
-iOS now includes Dami's voice as an option for Siri's tone.

Can't find it on my 4S..

Prabas

macrumors 65816
Sep 14, 2010
Europe
Why do people think, that the software update, which is already optimized better than any other OS' can increase battery life? Even if it could, you could not see a difference.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Why do people think, that the software update, which is already optimized better than any other OS' can increase battery life? Even if it could, you could not see a difference.

The way it handles processes, how much of a toll it takes on the processor, etc, etc, can be changed, thus making battery life better. Also, how noticeable it is, if anything was changed to effect battery life at all, depends on your device and how you use it and if you pay attention to battery life.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
I see no compelling reason to upgrade. If previous updates are any indication, it'll probably break something. Think I'll wait a few weeks and see what happens with people who upgraded

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
from wikipedia

• Larger "Report a Problem" button in Maps
  • New music controls on lock screen when you double-press home button
  • Siri can now purchase movie tickets via Fandango (USA only)
  • LTE now works with several European and American carriers
  • Individual songs can once again be downloaded or deleted when using iTunes Match
  • New, persistent Passbook pass explaining service functionality.
  • iOS now includes Dami's voice as an option for Siri's tone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_6#6.1

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
I see no compelling reason to upgrade. If previous updates are any indication, it'll probably break something. Think I'll wait a few weeks and see what happens with people who upgraded

Uhh.. for example, break what? I don't remember going from 6.0 to 6.0.1 to 6.0.2 being a problem.

heyyoudvd

macrumors regular
May 13, 2011
from wikipedia

• Larger "Report a Problem" button in Maps
  • New music controls on lock screen when you double-press home button
  • Siri can now purchase movie tickets via Fandango (USA only)
  • LTE now works with several European and American carriers
  • Individual songs can once again be downloaded or deleted when using iTunes Match
  • New, persistent Passbook pass explaining service functionality.
  • iOS now includes Dami's voice as an option for Siri's tone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_6#6.1

I can't believe it took 3 months for that. That's the kind of update that 3 software engineers should be able to implement over a weekend.

As a side note, I noticed that Apple still hasn't corrected the Cover Flow glitch, where missing album art jumps between the black graphic and the white graphic when you turn the iPhone horizontally. I wouldn have thought that over the course of making the lock screen music controls more consistent, they would have fixed that as well, but they didn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.