Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
I'm getting tired and annoyed of product leaks!

I miss the days when products were not basically leaked piece by piece and essentially put together weeks before the announcement. I miss the days of not knowing what was going to be unveiled at the keynote. I miss the feeling of complete surprise and awe when the product was finally unveiled after waiting on the edge of my seat for what felt like an eternity.

Sure the leak if the iphone 4 was some fluke freak accident - and shocking at the same time, but knowing what the iphone 5 looked like a month before the keynote was just down right annoying.

I wish the supply chain would stop leaking images :(

Well I suppose you could just not read technology forums. Even if Apple were tighter on leaks you'd likely see SOMETHING just by reading MacRumors.

daynel

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2011
Nothing surprising here really. Only the fact that everyone thought it would be held off until the Fall. I'm glad it's not!

Dude, you are on a RUMOR WEBSITE.

I like the rumor aspect. Rumours are not facts, rumours can be wrong! Rumours can get everyone talking
But when all these FACTS are being leaked it gets a bit old, I miss the guessing and wondering.

dkouts

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2009
Not sure about the residual masking tape.
Probably would've gone for a more industrial binding process.

Seems very un-Apple.

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
I'm getting tired and annoyed of product leaks!

I miss the days when products were not basically leaked piece by piece and essentially put together weeks before the announcement. I miss the days of not knowing what was going to be unveiled at the keynote. I miss the feeling of complete surprise and awe when the product was finally unveiled after waiting on the edge of my seat for what felt like an eternity.

Sure the leak if the iphone 4 was some fluke freak accident - and shocking at the same time, but knowing what the iphone 5 looked like a month before the keynote was just down right annoying.

I wish the supply chain would stop leaking images :(

You could like...not read a site called "MacRumors"?

D 5

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2007
Looks nice!

I love the tape feature!
There must be a good reason why Apple went with paper in stead of electrical:D

woodbine

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2010
Bath, UK
want one already

iPad 3: heavy for long periods, edges are uncomfortable after long periods

anything to mitigate the two above is a sale for me.

george-brooks

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Even if these aren't legit, it seems fairly obvious that it will look something like this. I don't think anyone needed a leak to figure that one out.

mouser45

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2013
You're think about switching ecosystems and the best hardware, for a few more pixels? Wow, you deserve android.

?

300ppi vs 264ppi

nexus 10 has nearly 1 million more pixels

agree, the aluminum with ipads is nicer tho

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
There's already a concept online:

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tablet-pcs/1297225/ipad-5-concept-
unveiled

http://www.todaysiphone.com/2013/01...s-tablet-with-mini-style-thin-bezels-gallery/

Same person who done the Iphone 5 mock up which looked genuine.

Looks like it will be nice.

The question is March or October?

Looks incredibly awkward with the icon spacing. The wide spacing of the icons on the full-sized iPad just looks weird with the tiny bezel. Does anyone agree?

Oh well, by the time this comes out we'll probably have iOS 7 and maybe everything will be different ;)

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Looks nice, but I wont upgrade till there is some type of Logictech Ultrathin available.

shadowbird423

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2009
Chapel Hill
Can anyone tell from these photos if the bigger iPad has thinner side bezels like the mini?

My admittedly poor Photoshopping skills say it will be close but not quite as impressive:
kFvyG5O.jpg

Last edited:

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Rumored 5th Generation iPad (left) vs iPad mini (right)​
9to5Mac has unconfirmed images of what could be the rear panel for the next iPad. The images match up very closely with a report from last week.The report lines up with iLounge's first description of the new iPad which is expected to arrive in October with smaller, iPad mini-esque bezels and chamfered edges and curves.Leaks of parts for upcoming Apple products are becoming more and more common as the Asian supply chain grows larger.

Update:

In this composite, you see the new iPad is much smaller than the current iPad. The iPad 4 (image) and iPad 5 (image) have been overlaid to show the relative sizes.

Article Link: First Photos of the iPad 5 Rear Shell

I like this a lot, looks like the bezel will be super super thin which is a great upgrade.

My admittedly poor Photoshopping skills say it will be close but not quite as impressive:
kFvyG5O.jpg

I think it will be even thinner than that.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Looks incredibly awkward with the icon spacing. The wide spacing of the icons on the full-sized iPad just looks weird with the tiny bezel. Does anyone agree?

Oh well, by the time this comes out we'll probably have iOS 7 and maybe everything will be different ;)

My opinion on it is why not move to a 10" screen? Keep the current size still move the bezel?

A smaller Ipad will be smaller than rival tablets. The screen might be the same but some say the bezel makes you feel your holding maybe say a book or newspaper. For me some ereaders are already too small.

yinz

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
I want! I'm so glad Apple went this direction instead of making it bigger.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Also the current Ipad design is soo old now. Ipad 4 is Ipad 2 but heavier almost.

Ipad mini feels great and anybody who has a 2,3,4 may want to upgrade as Ipad 5 will feel great to hold.

Bad news if it's like Iphone 5 you might want a good case!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.