Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xSinghx

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
Just wondering what people think about the likelihood that Apple will increase the screen size on the iPad to mirror the ratio that they have with the new iPhone 5.

With the arrival of the iPad mini I couldn't help but feel that the regular iPad is turning out to be the tween'er device Tim Cook and Jobs usually referred to with the small tablets. For the size of the regular iPad I kept finding myself wanting a larger screen and smaller bezel with the thinness and lightness of the iPad Mini (scaled appropriately of course).

Typing this on a 15" Macbook Pro I can't help but daydream of having a tablet that's the same size and weight of the screen I'm looking at.

What do others think is down the road for the regular iPad?

S

syd430

Just wondering what people think about the likelihood that Apple will increase the screen size on the iPad to mirror the ratio that they have with the new iPhone 5.

I don't want a 16:9 tablet. That would be horrible.

xSinghx

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
yeah I don't mean in the immediate future for iPad 5. I mean more like over the next 2-3years.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
How is regular ipad became a tween'er device? bigger than ipad mini and smaller than laptop?

xSinghx

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
How is [sic] regular ipad became a tween'er device? bigger than ipad mini and smaller than laptop?

it 'feels' like a tween'er device because the iPad mini is dramatically more efficient in it's screen size to device size, thinness, & weight.

For the size of the regular iPad it feels like I should have a larger screen with less bezel in a device that doesn't weigh as much. The screen area also feels like less value for the cost compared to the iPad mini - thus leaving me wanting more.

xSinghx

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
I don't think Apple will go over 10" for a tablet.

But who knows. Bigger means less portable.

True but then that's what the iPad mini does best.

To me it seems like there are many programs & fields that would benefit from a slight bump in screen size.

For my interests I would love to see music apps on a larger screen I can interact with.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
it 'feels' like a tween'er device because the iPad mini is dramatically more efficient in it's screen size to device size, thinness, & weight.

For the size of the regular iPad it feels like I should have a larger screen with less bezel in a device that doesn't weigh as much. The screen area also feels like less value for the cost compared to the iPad mini - thus leaving me wanting more.

I much prefer not to touch the glass part when holding the device so thicker bezels works fine for me.

Also, if you look carefully. Ipad mini screen is bendable thus it looks a lot less value than the fullsized thicker glass.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.