Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cursedearth

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2011
UAE Etisalat still doesn't work.
I am now able to turn on LTE in menu, but it doesn't switch.

I checked etisalats 4g coverage area and I am within it.

Anyone else can check and verify?

Not working for me either. I can toggle between LTE although can't seem to connect to it. Running on Etisalat in Dubai .

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
umm..

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4228

so basically, this means, you CAN'T turn of ads at all...

Either you get some relevant ads, or not (in which case why are they there if you don't want them)

Choice Apple :p Apple is in favour of developers, not customers.. Now i see there is also a "Reset" button added in About..

mnemonix

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2005
Agree. This is an odd oversight on the part of Apple. It is somewhat distracting and hopefully Jony I've will address this kind of UI sloppiness.

Good grief. Aside the fact that you're talking about the IMAGINARY operation of a GRAPHIC, the cogs in question can't possibly be touching any of the others, so whatever IS driving the cog you feel to moving in the wrong direction is not visible and you can't therefore know which damn way it's supposed to be turning.

I can't believe I wasted my own time responding to this either :rolleyes:

The Phazer

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK
This seems pretty weak so far. It's too early to really judge the battery, but I've lost 24% already in an hour with a little light web browsing over 3G and with everything that should really hit the battery disabled.

Already had a few 3G loading stalls too, so it doesn't appear the reliability of the baseband has improved.

Plus no features. Bad.

mnemonix

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2005
It's starting to feel like Blackberry all over again where they keep releasing the same product.

They didn't just release a new product, they issued a point upgrade to an OS that contained bug fixes, pretty much as expected.

The level of childish hysteria here over an already-mature mobile phone operating system simply beggers belief.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
I just wonder when Apple will update Siri for other languages. It's stupid to release a feature like that and spend many many years actually making it support languages they sell phones for.

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
FaceTime is great use it every day. And I typed this using Siri. :) Your needs are not everyone's needs.

I agree, I use Facetime more and more. It's something you train yourself to use. For those that don't keep using it, you'll just think its gimmicky. But seriously, use it on a daily basis and you'll find yourself using it more.

I can make an appointment or reminder a lot quicker with my voice then typing everything in and finding the Cal app

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
The lock screen music player has been updated...

I see this mentioned but what exactly is different?

I use the lock screen controls for music all the time and I am not noticing how anything is different (or needs to be).

kissfan

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2011
Florida
I see this mentioned but what exactly is different?

I use the lock screen controls for music all the time and I am not noticing how anything is different (or needs to be).

If I read correctly, the change was that a double-home on the lock screen removes the clock so you can see everything properly.

If I missed any other updates to the lock-screen player, please comment.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
If I read correctly, the change was that a double-home on the lock screen removes the clock so you can see everything properly.

If I missed any other updates to the lock-screen player, please comment.

The album artwork on the iPhone 5 used to be misaligned on the lockscreen. This has been fixed.

The playback controls have also been made larger and easier to hit.

RJCP

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2011
1 day with 6.1 on 4S. Phone definitely feels more responsive, especially music App and application launch.

Battery seems to be lasting slightly longer. Here's the stats from first complete charge/discharge with 6.1:

Usage time: 5h50m
Standby: 15h

What do you guys make of these? They're at least a good 2h better than under 6.0.

By usage it doesn't include gaming. Just safari browsing, mailing, texting, facebooking and other location based apps under wifi with screen brightness at max.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I just wonder when Apple will update Siri for other languages. It's stupid to release a feature like that and spend many many years actually making it support languages they sell phones for.

What exactly is stupid about it?

----------

The album artwork on the iPhone 5 used to be misaligned on the lockscreen. This has been fixed.

The playback controls have also been made larger and easier to hit.

Seems to me the spread them out more....which I didn't appreciate this morning.

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
Houston, TX
I have virtually no music on my iPhone. I do have a few movies and a bunch of games and other apps. I currently have only used 10.5 GB on my 32 GB iPhone (it shows as 17.6 GB available).

But I would rather have the buffer of a 32 GB phone, than have purchased 16 GB and be concerned that by downloading a couple more movies I'm pretty much at my limit.

16GB is the most popular because its the cheapest. However, people should not always buy the cheapest (like McDonalds food). $100.00 more buys a lot of piece of mind. In my experience, it makes sense to purchase the middle ground. The 16 GB model is sold to tempt the ones who purchase based solely on what something costs. The 64 GB is for the power users. All others should choose the middle ground.

my friend, with the advent of iCloud I have no need to keep everything on my phone at one time...just what I need at the moment...if I have the inclination to see or hear something that's not on my phone I just download it via my purchase tab...and the analogy about the cheapest food does not stand because the "cheapest" food could be fruit which is infinitely better than McDonalds and less expensive and people should buy fruit right?...and 16GB is certainly enough for a mobile phone...my first iPhone was 4GB and it was enough at the time

ratsg

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
Can someone please tell me if Safari is snappier? Need this confirmed before I do the update.

Its always snappier after an upgrade. Its an Internet mem. :)

----------

I don't know that it is any more secure. But it is more commonly know as "security through obscurity".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_by_obscurity

A system relying on security through obscurity may have theoretical or actual security vulnerabilities, but its owners or designers believe that if the flaws are not known, then attackers will be unlikely to find them.

I do it for 2. Port 57 goes to port 22 on one, and port 56 goes to port 22 on another. It's more secure and less prone to spamming, too, because I'm not using standard ports. I had 22 going to 22 on my iMac before, and I saw a bunch of failed root logins from Taiwan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.