Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwjsr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Fairhope, Alabama
Could I put ssd and an hdd in an external t-bolt and make it a fusion drive and have original hdd internal in the mini- the clone/backup?

G-Mo

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2010
Auckland, NZ
Yes you can. Why you'd want to, I don't know. There's loads of sites which demo external Fusion Drives, Google it if you want... There's no solid proof, I've read to date, that the load balancing works, but the Fusion, no probs!

jwjsr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Fairhope, Alabama
Yes you can. Why you'd want to, I don't know. There's loads of sites which demo external Fusion Drives, Google it if you want... There's no solid proof, I've read to date, that the load balancing works, but the Fusion, no probs!
I have no idea except for philip1957 does something similar with some cool looking Lacie enclosures. I can't figure out why i even need more than my ipad except that I love my ATD.

----------

I have no idea except for philip1957 does something similar with some cool looking Lacie enclosures. I can't figure out why i even need more than my ipad except that I love my ATD.
I use iTunes, but the only other app i have used in the last year was when i used Photo Booth yesterday and it took me an hour to post the pic i took to my MR post

----------

----------

I use iTunes, but the only other app i have used in the last year was when i used Photo Booth yesterday and it took me an hour to post the pic i took to my MR post
Plus, one of the best things in life is unboxing a brand new Apple product. Amazing packaging !!

cocacolakid

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2010
Chicago

/QUOTE]

I wouldn't listen too closely to what that user says, a lot of it is nonsense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.