Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMichael!

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
I'm guessing "iSheep" is :Apple Fan with nothing but Apple Products:
And "Droid" is :Android Fan with nothing but Android Products:

If i'm wrong, please correct me.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
And "Droid" is :Android Fan with nothing but Android Products:

If i'm wrong, please correct me.

The first is a term used by the insecure. The second is a phone made by Motorola, sold on the Verizon network, otherwise known as the Milestone.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004

Wikipedia has the following to say about it:

iSheep was originally a Sandisk marketing description of users of Apple's iPod music player instead of Sandisk's own Sansa player. The marketing term is borrowed by some in tech sites and forums as an insult to a person who is an Apple Inc. products fan.

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
Despite the overuse of both of those terms, there are indeed people to whom they can be applied to without much objection. Most of them can be found on sites kinda like this one. :rolleyes:

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
The first is a term used by the insecure. The second is a phone made by Motorola, sold on the Verizon network, otherwise known as the Milestone.

I always thought Droid was simply people abbreviating Android (as in the OS).

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
In the end I just don't get the debate, it's a phone/pad I'm not an iOS user nor am I an Android user. I am on the other hand a Mac user so my biggest question is does the candy bar thing tether to my Mac? Can I put songs on it? Take pictures with it and off it?If the answers are yes then I just don't care my iPhone 4 is cool my wife's Galaxy S3 mini is cool. What's the debate exactly?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.