Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vudoo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Dallas Metroplex
Unlock Fusion does the unlocks through their website now instead of on eBay. If you e-mail them through eBay, they will give you their "correct" URL. I recently unlocked two iPhone 5 for $1.99 each. I got the "congratulations" message after doing a restore through iTunes and I tested it with a T-Mobile SIM just to double check.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I purchased a AT&T 36-hr unlock code for an iPhone 3GS on Jan 20, 2013 and it has been over a week now. I haven't received any responses to my enquiries and the order status still says "Processing..." The site I purchased from was unlockfusion.com. Is this a scam?

Yes, sorry to say but that is a fake bro.
The real unlock fusion website is called swift unlocks.
That site is questionable and anyone that tries to take advantage of someone elses good rep to make money sounds shady to me.
I wouldnt trust that website;)

reidpa01

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
Yes, sorry to say but that is a fake bro.
The real unlock fusion website is called swift unlocks.
That site is questionable and anyone that tries to take advantage of someone elses good rep to make money sounds shady to me.
I wouldnt trust that website;)

I started suspecting this when I didn't get any responses from my email enquiries. I'll purse a refund through PayPal now.

trungthiendo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
yes to clarify again

unlockfusion.com/ is not the same unlock fusion that everyone raves about

they have a facebook page and everything, but as far as i know the real unlock fusion only is through ebay.

file your chargeback.

my unlocked was finally processed, but it took over a week for it to happen. I suspect they probably just charge you and buy the code through ebay and the sorts

file chargeback on the company with your bank if paypal doesn't do anything.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Unlock Fusion does the unlocks through their website now instead of on eBay. If you e-mail them through eBay, they will give you their "correct" URL. I recently unlocked two iPhone 5 for $1.99 each. I got the "congratulations" message after doing a restore through iTunes and I tested it with a T-Mobile SIM just to double check.

I added unlock_fusion to my watchlist (before the ban) and it still seems to be active. What happens though is he seems to put an away message up that specifies a particular day of return. The morning of that day, the auction becomes active again -- but it seems only for a few hours. As of this writing (8:32am Eastern Time) its active.

Anyway, when I purchased the service last week I got a response back within 12 hours, went home, restored and got the "Congratulations, you've unlocked your iPhone message".

Vudoo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Dallas Metroplex
I added unlock_fusion to my watchlist (before the ban) and it still seems to be active. What happens though is he seems to put an away message up that specifies a particular day of return. The morning of that day, the auction becomes active again -- but it seems only for a few hours. As of this writing (8:32am Eastern Time) its active.

Anyway, when I purchased the service last week I got a response back within 12 hours, went home, restored and got the "Congratulations, you've unlocked your iPhone message".

eBay is trying to shut them down so it's much easier to ask them for the URL of their their "official" website and getting the unlock through there instead of waiting for the active window on eBay.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
eBay is trying to shut them down so it's much easier to ask them for the URL of their their "official" website and getting the unlock through there instead of waiting for the active window on eBay.

Correct.
And its cheaper to get it off their website for $1.99 per unlock.
They dont have to pay ebay their cut any more;)

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2012
My question. If it is locked on Cricket, after I unlock it, will I still have Cricket service?

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2012
They don't unlock cricket iPhones.
UF only does AT&T iPhones.
Not even sure if that carriers iPhone can be unlocked for US use. Probably for international only.
How do you know? In fact, there's no such thing as a Cricket iPhone. It's an iPhone on Cricket.

I'm about to unlock it now. Watch.

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2012
I just noticed it couldn't be , well this particular service couldn't unlock real locked phones. S'okay. It'll be unlocked in a minute.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
Can you post a link to where I can buy an iPhone on Cricket Wireless? I can't seem to find an iPhone on Cricket's website or on Apple's website.

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2012
Can you post a link to where I can buy an iPhone on Cricket Wireless? I can't seem to find an iPhone on Cricket's website or on Apple's website.

You have to buy the iPhone from Apple and then take it to Cricket. Or any other carrier you want. That's the magic of having a true world phone.

Locked phones are only an illusion.

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
You have to buy the iPhone from Apple and then take it to Cricket. Or any other carrier you want. That's the magic of having a true world phone.

Locked phones are only an illusion.

None of mine are locked. All you are doing is using Verizon phone on Cricket, since they are both CDMA carriers, not GSM carriers. It's the only iPhone that will work on Cricket. Not sure why you are looking for an unlock for your world phone, since the GSM radios on the Verizon iPhone 5 are already unlocked for world use anyway. There isn't an unlock for CDMA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_Wireless

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2012
None of mine are locked. All you are doing is using Verizon phone on Cricket, since they are both CDMA carriers, not GSM carriers. It's the only iPhone that will work on Cricket. Not sure why you are looking for an unlock for your world phone, since the GSM radios on the Verizon iPhone 5 are already unlocked for world use anyway. There isn't an unlock for CDMA.

I don't have any idea what you just said.

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009

The unlock term is a misnomer with Cricket. What they do is take CDMA phones and their ESN and allow the ESN to work over their network (at least it's how it worked with basic phones back when I had cricket in College 10 years ago) I would assume smartphones are probably the same way.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
This thread needs to get deleted. This could possibly affect unlock fusions reputation, and that's not fair. He's helped out tons of us.

spanishcop

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2013
Correct Website....

Fusion Unlock is no longer on Ebay. I have a device that I went to unlock and can't find them.

You have to go through their website.

CORRECT WEBSITE IS: http://www.unlockfusion.net/

SCAM SITE: http://www.unlockfusion.com (from what everyone is saying).

When I registered with the correct site http://www.unlockfusion.net I received an email to complete registration and the email address that this email came from was the same as the email address I have received in 3 prior unlocks.

The down side part is that the minimum amount of credits to order is now 20. If I'm not mistaken, that's 20 future unlocks. This is the same company everyone has been speaking positive about. Other's can confirm the correct email address from the unlockfusion on ebay was "unlockfusion at gmail .com". That's the same address my confirmation for http://www.unlockfusion.net came from.

Hope this helps people from getting scammed out there. I'm getting ready to purchase some credits since my iphone5 was damaged and replaced. I just hate to have to get 20 credits when I only have 1 phone to unlock.

Obviously the owner is pushing for reseller accounts and knows he can sell 20 at a time and you can turn around and sell those to your friends. The agreement states phone must be purchased before a certain date in 2013 when the law changed where it is illegal to do so. But if your phone was purchased after that date then it is illegal. Maybe that explains the minimum purchase of 20 at a time. Trying to get that last nickle and dime. I think that is still a legal agreement and unlock is still done, your just agreeing that the phone was purchased prior to that date.

Hope this helps...
Mike

spanishcop

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2013
Correction on pricing.....

Correction on pricing......

20 credits = $20

So that means that if you purchase an unlock for $2.50 then you will be deducted 2.5 credits from the 20 you purchased.

Just wanted to share that with you. After purchasing credits they email you saying it can take up to 6hrs for credits to be active.

I'm pretty confident it's still a good go just because the email address matches the prior ebay transactions I had in the past which were successful unlocks.

I'll keep ya posted.

Mike

----------

The time it took me to post prior comment... I got reply saying my credits are active. I entered IMEI and order processed successfully.

I chose the 1 to 5 hours. I'll let you know once unlock is complete to make sure all is working ok.

Mike

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.