Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kashsystems

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2012
I want something similar but somewhat different.

I want a 11 inch macbook air with a touchscreen, mouse support, and detachable keyboard like the upcoming Surface Pro.

It needs to have usb ports and bootcamp and I will buy it immediately.

There are some specialize applications I use that are only for Windows. They require me to have a usb port dongle. Also there are times and certain things that are just easier to use on a laptop than tablet.

Maybe one day Apple will move in that direction.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
I want something similar but somewhat different.

I want a 11 inch macbook air with a touchscreen, mouse support, and detachable keyboard like the upcoming Surface Pro.

It needs to have usb ports and bootcamp and I will buy it immediately.

There are some specialize applications I use that are only for Windows. They require me to have a usb port dongle. Also there are times and certain things that are just easier to use on a laptop than tablet.

Maybe one day Apple will move in that direction.

Lets see if anyone can get a hackintosh running on the pro. I have a hackintosh on my desktop, I might be brave enough to try it on my pro when I buy it.

Kashsystems

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2012
Lets see if anyone can get a hackintosh running on the pro. I have a hackintosh on my desktop, I might be brave enough to try it on my pro when I buy it.

The problem I think will be is that OSX does not have touchscreen support.

I like the concept of the Surface Pro, that is going to be a debate for me going forward and waiting for the next macbook line refresh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.