Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
Yep, the general consensus is "do away with 90% of your revenues". Seems like legit advice right there. :eek:

(are all you guys eager to see Apple being shutdown or something ?)

LOL..only 78% actually..

I thinks folks will be happy if they felt there was a real refocus on the Mac. Apple is big enough now to focus effectively on both.

I'll admit I'm not the person to guide Apple I don't think of myself as an iOS user and still 3 years after the fact can't figure out what I'd do with an iPad..My wife can only thinks of the things she can do with an iPad.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
LOL..only 78% actually..

I thinks folks will be happy if they felt there was a real refocus on the Mac. Apple is big enough now to focus effectively on both.

I'll admit I'm not the person to guide Apple I don't think of myself as an iOS user and still 3 years after the fact can't figure out what I'd do with an iPad..My wife can only thinks of the things she can do with an iPad.

I agree with you, would be happy to see some more effort on the Mac side as well even if I don't use Macs myself. :D

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Never gonna happen, BUT they should build the MMM (Mythical Midtower Mac). A midsize, expandable Mac; a Mac Pro Mini as it were.

They'd sell like hot cakes. Let those who don't like to tinker have their iMacs. There are those of us who want Mac Pro versatility, but don't need the overkill expansion or performance. I'm not an engineer or a scientist. I don't need 16-core 64GB RAM and 20 petabyte of storage.

ratsg

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
* keep inventing cool new devices. I understand that Steve put a plan in place for 5 years out after his death. Don't stop.

* Don't forget the graphics professionals hardware wise. This means specifically the Mac Pro and Mac Book pro 17".

* Don't forget graphic professionals software wise. These are the people who kept the faith when the bottom end almost dropped out.

* Don't be so quick to obsolete technologies. Sure, if its is a maintenance nightmare, that is one thing. If it is just something that takes another 50 Mb on the install disk and causes no additional issues, leave it alone. At a minimum, if you take something away from us, at least give us an equal (or better) tool. I could write several pages on this issue alone, but this isn't the place.

* Don't forget the enterprise. Large companies spend big dollars on equipment.

* Don't dismiss new growth areas. I know that the consumer market is where it is at now for Apple and I certainly wouldn't suggest abandoning it. But don't dismiss new growth sector opportunities either. Consumers are fickle.

* Just get it over with and buy Adobe.

* Build stuff in the USA, where possible. How many trade secrets and millions of dollars are lost due to build location.

G4er?

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
Temple, TX
Never gonna happen, BUT they should build the MMM (Mythical Midtower Mac). A midsize, expandable Mac; a Mac Pro Mini as it were.

They'd sell like hot cakes. Let those who don't like to tinker have their iMacs. There are those of us who want Mac Pro versatility, but don't need the overkill expansion or performance. I'm not an engineer or a scientist. I don't need 16-core 64GB RAM and 20 petabyte of storage.

THIS is the Mac I want. THIS is the Mac I will buy. Every current desktop Mac would force me to either do without things I want and use, or pay through the nose in order to get it.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
THIS is the Mac I want. THIS is the Mac I will buy. Every current desktop Mac would force me to either do without things I want and use, or pay through the nose in order to get it.

Too bad it wouldn't sell like hotcakes with the market on the decline (laptops sales have been higher than desktop sales since 2008 now).

RSL

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2012
Don't worry about the stock price. Just focus on making the best products. And Think Different!

LS3 Machine

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2011
Improvements

1. License OSX to select high quality computer manufactures, such as Samsung, Lenovo, and Sony. (I know it will never happen).

2. Stop suing people, and focus on innovating.

3. Oh- and make finder more like windows explorer.

I could make a long list, but those 3 things pop to me right now.

Last edited:

SprSynJn

Sep 15, 2011
Japan
I'd like to see other apps utilizing Siri if it isn't possible now. On a more grandeur scale, it'd like them to stay their current path. The path that made them famous and so liked. I've had a Samsung phone before, a standard one mind you, but it was theirs. To me they operate more like the Japanese companies, in that they just copy and make it better. Apple needs to not be fooled towards this way of thinking.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
I'd like to see other apps utilizing Siri if it isn't possible now. On a more grandeur scale, it'd like them to stay their current path. The path that made them famous and so liked. I've had a Samsung phone before, a standard one mind you, but it was theirs. To me they operate more like the Japanese companies, in that they just copy and make it better. Apple needs to not be fooled towards this way of thinking.

Why do you want to talk to your Mac?

----------

1. License OSX to select high quality computer manufactures, such as Samsung, Lenovo, and Sony. (I know it will never happen).

2. Stop suing people, and focus on innovating.

3. Oh- and make finder more like windows explorer.

I could make a long list, but those 3 things pop to me right now.

PLEASE don't do that!

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here

"I'd like to see other apps utilizing Siri if it isn't possible now. On a more grandeur scale, it'd like them to stay their current path. The path that made them famous and so liked. I've had a Samsung phone before, a standard one mind you, but it was theirs. To me they operate more like the Japanese companies, in that they just copy and make it better. Apple needs to not be fooled towards this way of thinking."

Why do you want to talk to your Mac?

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
buy Adobe or something with those cash reserves

Nooo...... Apple always dismantles this stuff whenever they buy it. Look at FCPX. Prior to that RIP Shake. Leave creative suite alone:mad:. Besides they're still less draconian than Autodesk.

Blah I forgot to mention Pixelmator would make more sense. It's unlikely that a purchase of Adobe and all of its apps being EOL'd on Windows would be seen as anything other than anti-competitive. The big things there would be Photoshop, Lightroom, and maybe After Effects. I don't see Apple doing much with things like illustrator, Speedgrade, etc. They lack the ubiquity and often overlap in some way.

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
1) Rename the 21" iMac to "Super iPad"
2) Make a 21" iMac called an iMac that allows for RAM upgrades and more.
3) Update the Mac Pro as it is a way overprice item based on old hardware
4) Redo iWorks completely to compete with Office properly

Bigger picture
1) Design hardware in at least two tiers - consumer and prosumer/professional
2) Get back to being forward thinking on hardware rather than last year's chips
3) Invest more in software offerings and if need be buy out superior products
4) Stop abandoning professionals (even if you just break even on products)

Apple has done a lot of things right but they seem to abandon some niches of users rather quickly and without merit. They have the money, make us happy and we'll continue using Apple products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.