Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emoopo

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2013
Germany
This sucks. I need help on trying to make a new theme and I'm not getting answers anywhere else.

by theme for ML and Lion can i help, for to make a theme ML go here to https://github.com/alexzielenski and read the gifthub details also you download the tool to encoded the Artfile.bin and the Sartfile.bin.
I work at this time for a new Theme Aqua Inspiriat for ML 10.8.2
greetings from germany

or look here one or two things on my sites.
http://emoopo.deviantart.com/ and http://www.emoopo.com/emoopo/Home.html

Last edited:

einsteinbqat

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
Canada
This is what I get

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-05 at 17.45.52.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-05 at 17.45.52.png
    518.4 KB · Views: 824

Giant Speck

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2012
June 2010. Macthemes has been up since then. What I'm saying is that we don't know how long the administrator message on Macthemes was put up.

According to this comment on Reddit, that message has been seen at least five months ago, even when the forums were back up. So, that message is probably old and completely irrelevant to the current situation with MacThemes.

Surely, they had to have had some sort of presence outside of their own forum (e.g. Facebook, Google+, Twitter, etc.), which would allow us to contact the administrator?

MrStone

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2013
:) I just regged here to share what I have on MacThemes

the admin is called Barry White and lives in Japan

On MT his name was Ji

He has a Flikr account here
flickr.com/photos/cfeuer/

and his AOL IM:
cfeuer@mac.com

I was once a regular there for quite some time and about 2 month bfor it went down I was'nt in the loop so don't know what happened.

MrStone

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2013
maybe theming days are gone

another inactive place is
galaxygui2.com/t2749p180-official-png-thread-current

:(

FBeye

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
I can confirm that Macthemes is officially over and done. Sad news but since you can barely theme a Mac now, there was no point in maintaining the site for wallpapers and iOS icons...

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
Could have at least given us a warning, so we could grab what we wanted instead of watching all those themes & tweaks go down the drain.

Oh well.

highfiveface

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2012
I can confirm that Macthemes is officially over and done. Sad news but since you can barely theme a Mac now, there was no point in maintaining the site for wallpapers and iOS icons...

Don't mean to be rude, but where did you get this from? Just seems a bit weird that macthemes was still active then it just disappears.

FBeye

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
Don't mean to be rude, but where did you get this from? Just seems a bit weird that macthemes was still active then it just disappears.

I got the confirmation from one of the main admins. I was a beta tester when the new forum was in the works, so I had access to inside information.

In a nutshell, community dried up, single-digit posting per day, admins too busy with work and family and none of the newer/younger members willing to step up and help out.

For more info, you should ping Phil Ryu - the owner of the site.

Last edited:

Shark

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2003
I got the confirmation from one of the main admins. I was a beta tester when the new forum was in the works, so I had access to inside information.

In a nutshell, community dried up, single-digit posting per day, admins too busy with work and family and none of the newer/younger members willing to step up and help out.

For more info, you should ping Phil Ruy - the owner of the site.
That's a shame, i'm definitely going to miss that place.

Vesperia

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
The end of an era

It looks like the gui customization aspect on the Mac is soon to be over completely. I read a post on iconfactory.com last month that they will not be updating Candybar because Apple will soon be locking down even the icon customization end as well. It's a sad day. Back in 1995 I was immersed in icon and theme creation. But like everyone else I guess, I just haven't been interested in it.

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
Yes... I'm limited to SL because of my first gen mini.

So I can still get by with ThemePark.

I still use CrystalClear for my themeing addiction though...

http://www.marsthemes.com/crystalclear/

It's the only viable solution left at the moment.

I think they were early pulling the plug on MacThemes... there was a lot more to that place, and it did have a community spirit I thought.

Badagri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
UK
I think they were early pulling the plug on MacThemes... there was a lot more to that place, and it did have a community spirit I thought.

Used to be, then the community changed when registrations stopped or before that. The place slaughtered new members and any new work if you weren't a well known recognised creator. Quite a few well known creators left because the place was so critical. Hardly anything was said back then without ridicule on work.

There was a terrible, terrible elite status brewing on the forum. So to speak it was like watching terrible spoiled rich kids that looked down on everyone. Even though a lot were adults.

Killa Aaron

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2011
Chicago
Used to be, then the community changed when registrations stopped or before that. The place slaughtered new members and any new work if you weren't a well known recognised creator. Quite a few well known creators left because the place was so critical. Hardly anything was said back then without ridicule on work.

There was a terrible, terrible elite status brewing on the forum. So to speak it was like watching terrible spoiled rich kids that looked down on everyone. Even though a lot were adults.

All of the things you just said were true, i use to port font's there, help people out in the request forum and post my desktop screenshots, Iconpaper is also dead.

Lycanthroat

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2011
UK
There was a certain elitism brewing on Mac Themes, that can be sure. I'm really sad over it, I used to pop into the Jaku thread and made quite a few icons :( I'm annoyed the site was just shut down with absolutely no warning, so all that hard work - and the work of others - is just gone. There was no message or warning as fair as I know, it just went down, but something went wrong with the site when they just stopped all new registrations IMO.

Seems a shame now the 6.1 JB is going to be out.

Badagri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
UK
There was no message or warning as fair as I know, it just went down, but something went wrong with the site when they just stopped all new registrations IMO.

Yeah, you're right. It was here today, gone tomorrow. But new registrations were closed for at least a few years before it disappeared completely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.