Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeff92k7

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2012
I see that peeps are having a similar issue with todays update to ATV. Not good. Was there ever a definitive fix discovered?

Where are you seeing these "peeps"? I don't see any reports here, or on other forums about today's update yet.

Jeff

ebnyc

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2012
no power is required when connecting to itunes via USB.
you also can't connect the USB whilst an HDMI cable is cable, so no chance of connecting the USB whilst it is still connected to the TV.

FYI: Power is required with ATV3 (not ATV2) when connecting to iTunes via USB.

Ray3

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
This type of thread happens within minutes every time there is an iOS update released.

The problem is simply that Apple has "X capacity" on their servers. Once the update is released, every Apple owner on the planet tries to download at once, exceeding the available "X capacity" and (technical term coming) clogging the works. :D

For a smooth download experience, just wait a day or two. By then the capacity will be available. Probably not reasonable to expect Apple to build capacity out to cover the capability for downloading to everybody all at once.

stevex

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2012
I had the update hang at the same place twice on Ethernet, and sail through on WiFi. It's worth a try.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I have also read others thinking the update had failed, only to be completed up to 5 hours later. I know for the previous update it hung at step 1 and I was just about to stop it, but made myself wait and 1 hour later it completed. (That was over wifi)

ExactServices

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2013
Amy 2013 version doesnt update

Just bought à brand new version and it doesnt up date or access authentication server over ethernet. Been tranig now for 3 weeks. Just went wireless and low and behoud all perfect. Come on Apple this is basic stuff. Nothing on your forums. Dissapointed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.