Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
The sprint 3G data is just pathetic and I'm fed up with it, anyone know anything about this? Any fixes?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359493486.422408.jpg

ConCat

macrumors 6502a
Sprint is known for having some of the slowest speeds in the industry. It's funny considering that their primary marketing strategy seems to be their unlimited data offering... Sure, you get unlimited data, but you can't really use it for anything, so...

dogKman822

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
USA
Drop sprint. Apple didn't like sprint because of there slow network. ATT has the fastest lte speeds in the U.S as of now. I've once gotten 60down 30up.

Marjamrob1

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2012
Drop sprint. Apple didn't like sprint because of there slow network. ATT has the fastest lte speeds in the U.S as of now. I've once gotten 60down 30up.
Verizon can match AT&T speeds, however Sprint sucks... Thats why you can get unlimited data still from them.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Yep pretty pathetic but that's considered good. I've never had speed above 1mbps...

For CDMA yes it is, the max theoretical speed is roughly 3.2Mbps.

Makes sense. I remember back when I was a Verizon customer my 3G speeds there were pretty pathetic. Hopefully Sprint hurries up with their LTE rollout so you guys can join us with faster data speeds.

ValerieDurden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Makes sense. I remember back when I was a Verizon customer my 3G speeds there were pretty pathetic. Hopefully Sprint hurries up with their LTE rollout so you guys can join us with faster data speeds.

I really have no complaints, I can do everything I want in a decent amount of time. When I was with AT&T on my iPhone 4 I peaked around 6Mbps but average wise it was around 2Mbps so there is not much of a difference for me. Coverage wise Sprint is much better, I actually get a signal in my house and can make calls. LTE should be pretty great in my area, I'm about two miles from the nearest tower so I get a great signal and I don't even think Network Vision has started on my tower, things can only get better from here on out considering a lot of people are leaving Sprint so the network won't be bogged down as much, I have been with them for a month and used about 6GB in data. Can't really go wrong with that as long as the service is good in my area.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
I really have no complaints, I can do everything I want in a decent amount of time. When I was with AT&T on my iPhone 4 I peaked around 6Mbps but average wise it was around 2Mbps so there is not much of a difference for me. Coverage wise Sprint is much better, I actually get a signal in my house and can make calls. LTE should be pretty great in my area, I'm about two miles from the nearest tower so I get a great signal and I don't even think Network Vision has started on my tower, things can only get better from here on out considering a lot of people are leaving Sprint so the network won't be bogged down as much, I have been with them for a month and used about 6GB in data. Can't really go wrong with that as long as the service is good in my area.

Very true. It all depends on the area you live in. Since you say you live close to the tower, your Sprint coverage must be much better than the friends I have who complain about Sprint (I suspect there isn't a tower nearby and that's the reason). And if you're in one of those areas that get LTE earlier on in the rollout, then you'll also experience less traffic on that for a while.

solodogg

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando
all it took for me to leave sprint was seeing a 1600ms ping time, 0.01 download and 0.00 upload while i was standing 300' away from the tower. Had the same issue everywhere I went, except for Indianapolis. Switched to Verizon with the 4S, and fell in love with my 2mb download speeds! HAHA

Now...with the 5 and LTE, I regularly hit 30mb down and 20mb up, and have seen as high as 58 down. i <3 Verizon!

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
To some people saving a few bucks a month and suffering with Sprint is not worth it at all.
If he's happy then more power to him I guess.

I agree, if his service was bad then it's not worth it at all, but he said he had great service and was happy. User experience with a cell provider seems to vary a lot user to user. Heck even in my area I've come across people that claim AT&T the worst, but they've been the best in my experience. It seems to really one down to who ever has service when you need to make a phone call or load a web page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.