Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexZap

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
Hi,

Since 1 month I have an iPhone 5 (my first iPhone) and I have the following problems with it:

- Sometimes missed calls are not displayed on the lock screen.
- Sometimes missed SMS are not displayed on the lock screen. So I have to unlock the phone and must look at the Message-app icon to see if I missed an SMS.
- Sometimes reminders (with a configured time to remind me, using Apple's reminder app) do not pop up or pop up too late.

Of course such problems are very annoying and reduce my trust in the software. I can not be sure if there was a call/SMS/reminder and the phone did not tell me.

Do you know of such problems? Is this a problem of iOS6? Is this a serious defect of my iPhone.

Thanks for your help,
regards,
Alex

Computer1603

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
-
Hi,

Since 1 month I have an iPhone 5 (my first iPhone) and I have the following problems with it:

- Sometimes missed calls are not displayed on the lock screen.
- Sometimes missed SMS are not displayed on the lock screen. So I have to unlock the phone and must look at the Message-app icon to see if I missed an SMS.
- Sometimes reminders (with a configured time to remind me, using Apple's reminder app) do not pop up or pop up too late.

Of course such problems are very annoying and reduce my trust in the software. I can not be sure if there was a call/SMS/reminder and the phone did not tell me.

Do you know of such problems? Is this a problem of iOS6? Is this a serious defect of my iPhone.

Thanks for your help,
regards,
Alex

Had this problem a while ago. I restarted it twice and the problem never returned, don´t know why :confused: :cool:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Along the same lines it seems that for some reason, at least on iPhone 5, missed calls do not appear in the notification center.

As for reminders, it seems like they also have some odd effect of sometimes being in the notification center and sometimes not being there...and the same goes for the Reminder app badge which is sometimes there and sometimes not there when it should be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.