Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeff Troiano

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
I've been having issue with ML (details in another thread).

I don't have access to Lion anymore, and the App Store is no longer supporting downloads for it. So doing the Option click method isn't working (at least for me).

I have a friend running a MBP with Lion installed. Is there a way to create a Lion installer, from her MBP?

zaki

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2012
You can still download it from the App Store from the Purchased tab.

You can try what Ritsuka mentioned, or you can ask your friend to down load a trial copy of carbon copy cloner and make one.

That's how I was able to go back to Lion after I upgraded to ML.

Jeff Troiano

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
Thanks for the help guys. Due to an older wifi card not being compatible with ML, I was having trouble installing ML (I won't say much more about that here, as it was,covered pretty well in a thread over in the Mac Pro area). I eventually learned remove the card, all is well.

Any ways, back to topic of this thread. I had been download Lion from the App Store. Along the line with my problems installing ML, I was able to install to an external drive. Once I did that, the App Store removed Lion from my purchases, and was telling me that it was no longer supported in the US store. I guess once you successfully upgrade, thy pull support for Lion from your account.

The reason I was trying to get it back, because at the time, ML wasn't seeing any internal hard drives (again, due to an older wifi card).

Since I've figured it out, all is once again well

I did however talk to an apple tech sup person, who told me if I needed to get Lion Back, I would have to take my MP to an apple store and the geek bench guys would handle it. As they offer free support for software.

drsox

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2011
Xhystos
I've been having issue with ML (details in another thread).

I don't have access to Lion anymore, and the App Store is no longer supporting downloads for it. So doing the Option click method isn't working (at least for me).

I have a friend running a MBP with Lion installed. Is there a way to create a Lion installer, from her MBP?

Try this : http://liondiskmaker.com

Giuly

macrumors 68040
Thanks for the help guys. Due to an older wifi card not being compatible with ML, I was having trouble installing ML (I won't say much more about that here, as it was,covered pretty well in a thread over in the Mac Pro area). I eventually learned remove the card, all is well.

Any ways, back to topic of this thread. I had been download Lion from the App Store. Along the line with my problems installing ML, I was able to install to an external drive. Once I did that, the App Store removed Lion from my purchases, and was telling me that it was no longer supported in the US store. I guess once you successfully upgrade, thy pull support for Lion from your account.

The reason I was trying to get it back, because at the time, ML wasn't seeing any internal hard drives (again, due to an older wifi card).

Since I've figured it out, all is once again well

I did however talk to an apple tech sup person, who told me if I needed to get Lion Back, I would have to take my MP to an apple store and the geek bench guys would handle it. As they offer free support for software.

Apple MB363ZA/A AirPort Extreme Wireless Upgrade Kit for Mac Pro - $34.75. It comes in a box with an installation manual, DVD and two screws.

It works fine with Mountain Lion.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.