Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
Top Gear US: Seth Rogan, Adam Carolla and Jay Leno. I'll watch TG US then, as it stands a chance of being entertaining! :D

Current trio over here are about as entertaining as filing your taxes... :rolleyes:

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
3 Idiots in a Track Cars.

:)

I quit like that Morgan. It's not really a track car… but it looked great fun on the track, so does that make it a track car? :confused: :)

What I don't understand though, is why they feel the need occasionally to become, almost like clueless caricatures of themselves, rather than just being natural, it's bizarre & rather cringe inducing.

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
That Morgan looks like an absolute blast, I'd love one of those, even if it were to double as a handy aluminum coffin on the streets out here. At least you can go out with a smile. :D

If only I were rich...

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
I quit like that Morgan. It's not really a track car… but it looked great fun on the track, so does that make it a track car? :confused: :)

What I don't understand though, is why they feel the need occasionally to become, almost like clueless caricatures of themselves, rather than just being natural, it's bizarre & rather cringe inducing.

I think sometimes they try too hard to be funny.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
And they end with a very good episode! Overall, I'd say this series was better than the previous one. I loved the review on the M5 and May's film on the Ferrari 250GT was just salivating.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Top Gear is back......

We have a new track leader

The Clarkson P45 is interesting....

Can't wait for the Viper road test....

As usual Clarkson makes fun of the new 'Vette.

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
I think sometimes they try too hard to be funny.

Exactly right. That's why I often prefer the video reviews from Evo's owner Harry Metcalfe. He loves cars and it shows.

Plus he gets to drive all of the extremely rare and desirable cars that Top Gear will never get to even touch, and always before everyone else. And he knows when to keep quiet and let the car do the talking.

I loved the review he did on the Zonda 760 RS, another one that Top Gear probably won't cover.

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
I thought last Sunday's episode was a bit rubbish, to be honest. Most of it was quite good, but the Z10 thing or whatever it was was just not funny to me.

Signal-11

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
2nd Star to the Right
Ugh. I thought the season premiere was awful.

The only segment I really enjoyed was May rallying the Bentley. And boy, has he packed on a few pounds since last season.

Richard's segment with the Pagani was okay. Not excellent, but not bad. Jeremy does these supercar segments better, but I understand why Richard did this one. Hammond tends to overemote and ham it up too much.

Jeremy's segment was almost unwatchable for me. Jeremy tried to carry the entire stupid segment with his charm but he couldn't pull it off because he was saddled with such an absurd (not in a good way) premise. These exercises in absurdity work best with all three of the boys are there to play off of each other. I thought it would be a shorter segment, but it dragged on and on and by the time they reached the dragons (or whatever, I don't watch much TV), I came to the awful realization that this segment was going to go on for the rest of the episode.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Tonights ep was great as well. To see the Lexus reps faces when Clarkson made those requests..... :D

Signal-11

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
2nd Star to the Right
Tonights ep was great as well. To see the Lexus reps faces when Clarkson made those requests..... :D

I loved this episode.

I'm a big fan of the episodes when the boys do ridiculous things in ridiculous cars. Chased down at Willow Springs by former USAF jet jockeys in high performance pursuit planes? It doesn't get much better than that.

Mays had the most most convincing argument. If I'm going cruise a couple thousand miles in a truly great car, regardless of the venue, I'd choose the Aston.

On a track day, yeah, I'd love some wheel time behind an LFA or a Viper, but for a GT car, no one does it better than the Brits.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
Amusing as always, although the editing was quite lazy - how many times they show a close up of the Mustang badge or the "GT500" thing written on the glovebox?

American cars have never been my thing but I'd have to agree with Jeremy that the Mustang is just cool.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
First time ever that I rooted for James/Hammond in a race against Clarkson in a car. As an America's Cup fan, I had to root for Oracle USA. :D

And it made it easier that Clarkson was in a Toyota. :p

Signal-11

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
2nd Star to the Right
First time ever that I rooted for James/Hammond in a race against Clarkson in a car. As an America's Cup fan, I had to root for Oracle USA. :D

And it made it easier that Clarkson was in a Toyota. :p

Likewise.

It was hard to root against May considering just how miserable a time he was having.

I liked the hot hatchbacks bit and the celebrities goofing about the new reasonably priced car was well written and not too forced.

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
Season 20 episode 2 was definitely on par with episode one. The cinematography in that Ferrari test at the end...! :eek::eek: epic!

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
Today's episode was pretty good. Definitely the best one of this series so far. Even the guest was great. Loved the street racing part.

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
What a wasted infrastructure down there. I knew their economy went into the toilet - but I had no idea how much was just abandoned like that.

Also - I bet they wished someone had swept that runway before opening up those cars... Seeing how shredded that Ferrari got, in such little time. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.