Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you wake up with a dead iPhone?

• Yes

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • No

Votes: 122 93.8%

• Total voters

AnorexicPig

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
Well,mine rarely goes from 100 to 99%,I usually plug it in two hours before sleep,and unplug it before sleeping,and hardly it ever loses a percentage.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
It's humorous now. The people are still responding as if they take this serious. You know what OP, bravo. You've made how many people now look foolish. I'm starting to think that it isn't you that's not using logic, it's the people responding to your cry's as if they could be remotely true. Maybe we need a "I can't tell BS from a real problem" test to join.

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
I always thought of this as a first world forum, so yes it may seem petty that while using the phone, it dies in the middle of the night because one didn't want to plug it in..,

It sounds petty, but it's a legitimate thing people.

My house is too big to be walking around pluging phones in. Especially if you have a job that requires instant feedback, your hand has to basically be glued to the phone.

Waking with it dead is not a good thing. Waking up with a dead iPhone feels so bad.
You should see my face in the morning.

iphone-battery-dead.jpg

tumblr_loc0rimCp71qiqc4f.png

Marrakas

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2012
I take mine out of the dock by my computer when I go to bed, and put it at my night table unplugged. I usually wake up to 98-99%.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
I don't get why you can't just plug it in at night :confused: Your not going to be using it while you're sleeping, and you can still have it charging right beside your bed in case you do need to check something or if someone rings/texts/emails you.

ibleedgolden

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2012
When I'm lazy, I go to bed with only ~25% battery remaining on my iPhone 5. After waking up 7 hours later, I usually have ~20% remaining.

It really makes no sense that you iPhone will die at night within a span of 7 hours when the same doesn't happen during a 7 hour duration in the afternoon. The only thing I can blame is the music. There have been times when I thought I told it to shut off in ~30 minutes, and I just forgot to press begin timer.

Last edited:

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I don't get why you can't just plug it in at night :confused: Your not going to be using it while you're sleeping, and you can still have it charging right beside your bed in case you do need to check something or if someone rings/texts/emails you.

Exactly what I'm thinking haha

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
just once

I usually loose 3-6% (but I leave wifi, lte, bluetooth on all the time)

But I did wake up to a 0% one day. No idea why, and it never happened again.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
This is my cue to ignore

Agree with you on this reply Appl3FTW. OP just doesn't get it.

OP, listen to the replies given and you will not have the same issues. Don't listen, and you will continue having them. Its that simple

Sha02

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2018
Be more specific. How much battery is left on your phone before you go to bed? What sort of apps might be using your battery (anything with push enabled). Is anything constantly updating? How's your battery life during the day? When I first got my iP5 I restored from a back up of my 4s and I would consistently lose 10-20% battery overnight. Restored to new and it hasn't happened again.

I would have my battery full at night and when i wake up tomorrow my phone shut down and when i open it the battery will show that it’s still full . Why?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.