Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chriscl

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2008
Stuttgart, Germany
Still more than happy with my iPhone 4, it does all I need and with the new Google Maps app, I now have turn-by-turn navigation too.

The only thing I don't have is Siri, but I question whether I'd use that much.

Still running plenty fast enough, now on iOS 6.1 as of Monday this week, and all is good.

Whilst there's no doubt I'd like an iPhone 5, the cost here in the UK for a phone on contract is considerable, and the newly-introduced 4G services from EE (my current phone provider) are attracting an unhealthy monthly premium (and also, I'm right on the edge of a 4G area).

I'm going to keep my iPhone 4 until at least the end of this year, unless it fails first (but it's been solid for as long as I've had it). No doubt by then, there will be yet another newer iPhone model!

jharvey71884

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2011
What were the issues with Straight Talk?

Yeah, they stopped selling AT&T sims on their site and a lot of rumors surrounding their future with the AT&T partnership, so I decided it wasn't a godo time to jump in.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Yeah, they stopped selling AT&T sims on their site and a lot of rumors surrounding their future with the AT&T partnership, so I decided it wasn't a godo time to jump in.

Thanks for the info, made me not switch. I hate paying $160/month for 2 iPhones and was going to switch to ST. There is another service called Net10 that is getting pretty popular around Miami right now.

jharvey71884

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Thanks for the info, made me not switch. I hate paying $160/month for 2 iPhones and was going to switch to ST. There is another service called Net10 that is getting pretty popular around Miami right now.

Pretty sure they are owned by the same company, because the same day, Net10 stopped offering AT&T sims as well.

jharvey71884

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2011
I don't know.

I just checked and Walmart is selling the ST sim cards for AT&T for $15.

A lot of them have been sold out now for a few days...according to reports on Twitter and other forums.

I don't know. I just felt it was a questionable time and figured I would just stick with Verizon. It helped when they gave me an early upgrade.

----------

A lot of them have been sold out now for a few days...according to reports on Twitter and other forums.

I don't know. I just felt it was a questionable time and figured I would just stick with Verizon. It helped when they gave me an early upgrade.

See, they don't list AT&T on their site anymore either.

http://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/shop/sims/!ut/p/b1/fYxLCsIwGAbP4gX6f3mny-ArLdpqiqjZSBWRomk3otcXwY0Lnd3AMBRpnysurNBW0o5i3z66S3vvhr69vT3qwwTlUqyd52LjGYqFaurgBQBBJcXumLLnKWXItLYwzCIHN1JJRluK34PgjUKx8uNmbipImP9BPeOfAD9woMoP6UwpTq_ButELeR-XQw!!/dl4/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

gregrose

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
on iphone 4 here, but this is the end for me and apple. their phone / software releases have become a joke. i will be going to an android phone when the galaxy s4 is released. the nexus 7 is awesome and has really opened my eyes to android.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
I'm shocked at the number of people actually recommending the 4. Guys. It's 2 1/2 years old and will be 3 in June. It may still work for you but locking yourself into a 3 year old phone is a very bad idea. I get Not everyone wants or needs the latest and greatest but investing into an 800mhz single core, cortex A8 CPU, the same as found in the 3GS only 200mhz faster. The same graphics chip as the 3GS, and 512mb of ramis a bad idea. Sounds nice now but you'll regret it down the road. Apps are getting more mulitthreaded and demanding and iOS 7 will be this phones last upgrade if it even gets that.
If you're not doing any more with your phone than you did 2-3 years ago, then a 4 is fine. My son uses my old 3GS and my wife uses my old 4. both couldn't be happier. I've got a new 4S and actually bought it over the 5. No plans to get the 5S either.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
Hatin' my 4

I've had one since launch day. 32gb
The camera has a crack in it, which means I get some weird funky looking pics, not always good though. In fact I think the gneral camera qualityhas reduced itself quite a bit.
The home and lock buttons are both dodgy, neither work well or at all, and the phone is damn slow. Camera takes ages to open and apps often crash. I'm not a happy iPhone owner lets put it that way!

DorkieDoode

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
I still have my iPhone 4. The phone is super mint condition. I just got an iPhone 5 lately and it was a world of different in speed. Not going back to 4 again. Therefore, I passed its own to my mom. I'm just proud that after 3 years it still look brand new.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
I had the iPhone 4 up until 9 days ago when I got the iPhone 5. The 4 is a great phone and did everything I needed it to do. Besides screen size, the biggest noticeable difference, to me, between the 4 and the 5 is the speed of LTE.

cromnox

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
I have an iphone 4s. Working great for my use :) no plans in getting the the new one any time soon :)

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
iPhone 4 is a great IPhone. While it doesn't have all the dynamics if the iphone5. It is in a class of its own

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.