Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eckndu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
i tried to burn mp3 cd with songs i got off iTunes.
i used iTunes' own "create mp3 version" function, but the car's player doesn't read them. it will try for a few sec then skip to the next song.

the songs are not protected, because I can play both original m4a and converted mp3 on android.

however music CD's imported by iTunes, mp3 version, play fine in the car player...

googling the issue was not much help because all the keywords are shared with many other topics

Have anyone had this same issue? Is there a generally regarded better m4a converter out there? mac or windows..

thanks need halllp

okay changed mp3 import setting in itunes solved it.

Last edited:

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Some thoughts in random order….

What app did you use to actually burn the CD?
Was it iTunes?
Have you tried creating an mp3 CD using an app -other than- iTunes?

I (and others) have had a similar problem trying to burn mp3 CD's for use with the Harmon-Kardon stereo on Harley Davidson motorcycles. In that case, it was found that (for reasons unknown) the stereo would "skip over" songs that had mp3 artwork in their tags.

The solution was to use a batch processor (on the computer, before burning the CD) to "strip out" the artwork from the songs. Once this was done, the mp3/CD files were then seen by the player without problems.

For the ID3 tag editing, you might try this:
http://www.pa-software.com/id3editor/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.