Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
No mention of the bluetooth latency issue? Video and audio would go out of sync when watching videos that had breaks. Audio would clip the first 2 seconds and/or start late. Also would not match with the time code (not that it matters but just proves there was latency in the audio).

It's been fixed FYI. Couldn't be happier!

Fenir

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
I really wish they would move the trash icon in the mail to the right or left. It is directly right on top of the home button and I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally (without knowing) deleted an email to the trash when all I wanted to do was go home.

HornetMontana

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2012
Uh oh

Someone else please confirm if the following function was removed with this update (for I am experiencing this): if you play a video in Safari, click the Home button (closing Safari), click the Sleep button, double click the Home button to get to the Lock screen and hit play, the audio will no longer play. Instead, Safari must remain open and not be closed prior to hitting the Sleep button.

This is unfortunate, as it is quite useful to play the audio from Safari from the Lock screen, unlock, and open a different browser while Safari continues to play.

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
I don't see how the Diagonal swiping was even a true issue. I can't find any reason to actually swipe that fast. All the swiping games work flawlessly.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Someone else please confirm if the following function was removed with this update (for I am experiencing this): if you play a video in Safari, click the Home button (closing Safari), click the Sleep button, double click the Home button to get to the Lock screen and hit play, the audio will no longer play. Instead, Safari must remain open and not be closed prior to hitting the Sleep button.

This is unfortunate, as it is quite useful to play the audio from Safari from the Lock screen, unlock, and open a different browser while Safari continues to play.

Yes I honestly think it was Googles request...they took out Background Audio in Safari. You also used to be able to do it in the Jasmine app(youtube app) but it said that at Googles request for them to take off background audio.

Im not exactly sure why they took that feature out it was a fantastic feature i would always listen to Youtube videos and turn my screen off.

Oh well

----------

Scrolling feels more springier and bouncier I feel like, espcially in Safari I noticed this.

markdj

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
Bluetooth music issue fixed

This seems to have fixed the Bluetooth music issue where the iPhone would stop broadcasting music to my Beats wireless headphones but still look like it was. Now it works great! No loss of broadcast!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yes I honestly think it was Googles request...they took out Background Audio in Safari. You also used to be able to do it in the Jasmine app(youtube app) but it said that at Googles request for them to take off background audio.

Im not exactly sure why they took that feature out it was a fantastic feature i would always listen to Youtube videos and turn my screen off.

Oh well
So would this apply only to YouTube then? Or would playing audio from any site now no longer be allowed while Safari in the background. If it's any site, why does Google get to influence that just because they want something for oen of their properties?

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
This seems to have fixed the Bluetooth music issue where the iPhone would stop broadcasting music to my Beats wireless headphones but still look like it was. Now it works great! No loss of broadcast!

My car bluetooth would do this with the iPhone 5 every so often. Hopefully it resolved it as well.

ssspinball

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
I really wish they would move the trash icon in the mail to the right or left. It is directly right on top of the home button and I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally (without knowing) deleted an email to the trash when all I wanted to do was go home.

Go into Settings > Mail & Calendars and turn on Ask Before Deleting.

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
NY
I'm also able to control my music from my iPhone when it's connected via usb in my car. It used to say accessory connected and I either had to use the car controls or select my music then plug it in. I love this!

Confirmed on my 4S. Back on iOS 5, I had actually jailbroken my phone just to be able to control the music app while it was plugged into USB. I don't know why this feature wasn't advertised, because this is huge for me.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
So would this apply only to YouTube then? Or would playing audio from any site now no longer be allowed while Safari in the background. If it's any site, why does Google get to influence that just because they want something for oen of their properties?

Well they asked the Jasmine developers to take off background audio from their app. Im not sure why its gone in Safari though

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Subtle improvement but a nice one. Now if they'd just add star ratings there as well. And heck, move the star ratings for music anywhere that isn't buried so much and requires so many clicks to find - it's almost like someone decided there's something "bad" about them and wanted to discourage people from using them.

Also, I assume they never added lyrics display back on iPad (and is it gone on iPhone now too)?

Zimmer62943

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2008
as one of the few users who still use MAPS, i find it rather silly that they change the report a problem button because pretty much since the launch of maps, i have been reporting the same issues in my town, locations kilometers away from where they actually are, places that shut down years ago etc. i have reported them tons of times and still no change.

ski4ever

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
Another feature that no one has pointed out is that in Passbook, Apple has added a card containing the link to Passbook-supported apps in the App Store. The list doesn't have every app, but it has most of them. Pretty convenient.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
The accelerometer controlled glint on the music player controls is just plain silly. They're wasting CPU cycles (which translates to battery life) on something useless!

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Apple should just hire like 1000 reliable people to go all around the U.S in their own cars and confirm and approve and fix any Maps problems around the U.S... i think they would get tons of work done real fast lmfao

----------

The accelerometer controlled glint on the music player controls is just plain silly. They're wasting CPU cycles (which translates to battery life) on something useless!

lol you got to be kidding me...

Strigoi

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2006
Netherlands
new shiny button

And the reflection of the new volume control button in the lockscreen changes when you slightly tilt your phone ;)

hushypushy

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2011
San Jose, CA
The new lock screen controls are actually a semi-big deal for me. I don't have fat fingers (honest!) but I've found myself changing the volume or skipping tracks so many times when I just wanted to pause. The new buttons look better too :cool:

mattymo

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2011
WI
not just in iOS 6.1 but just in 6.x in general, I don't like that they changed the skip buttons from |<< and >>| to << and >> without the | to me, they are just search fast forward and search rewind and not "skip forward" and "skip back"

am I the only one that is bothered by this?

RRmalvado

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2010
I'm also able to control my music from my iPhone when it's connected via usb in my car. It used to say accessory connected and I either had to use the car controls or select my music then plug it in. I love this!

I am with you... I love this "unannounced" feature. I am also able to play my iTunes Match music instead of jsut the music that was downloaded to the iPhone5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.