Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaelfdk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2013
Denmark, Europe
Hey.

I am looking for a sleeve for my iPad mini. Should be a simple design and fit with my smart cover. Does anyone have some they can recommend?

Thanks in advance.

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
There's a thread about sleeves in the accessories section. Just got my sleeve from Nedrelow - do an option for with/without Smart Cover.
9y5ypyje.jpg

bonbmdxman

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
The RadTech sleevz also fits the mini plus Smart Cover. It's a bit of a snug fit at first but seems to work pretty well for me.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Didn't noticed that - a newbie here. How do you feel about it? Been wondering if the fluff material does scratch the back?

No, it's wool not steel wool. :) If it did scratch it, I can't image what plastic cases would do to the backs. Don't worry, this sleeve won't scratch it.

There's a thread about sleeves in the accessories section. Just got my sleeve from Nedrelow - do an option for with/without Smart Cover.

How long did yours take from ordering it to receiving it?

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
No, it's wool not steel wool. :) If it did scratch it, I can't image what plastic cases would do to the backs. Don't worry, this sleeve won't scratch it.

How long did yours take from ordering it to receiving it?

Yeah, it's really soft and I've had no worries about it scratching. Seems pretty sturdy too.
It took just over a week and that was shipping from US to UK so not bad.

michaelfdk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2013
Denmark, Europe
Got my sleeve from Nedrelow earlier today. Ordered it last thursday, so really quick delivering.

It feels really nice and snugly; simple and minimalistic, too. However it seems to leave some fluffs on the iPad, but I can live with that.

Attached some photos. And as you can see, I go all black. :p

Attachments

• Photo 05-02-13 14.42.23.jpg
    Photo 05-02-13 14.42.23.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 177
  • Photo 05-02-13 21.25.33.jpg
    Photo 05-02-13 21.25.33.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 213

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Got my sleeve from Nedrelow earlier today. Ordered it last thursday, so really quick delivering.

It feels really nice and snugly; simple and minimalistic, too. However it seems to leave some fluffs on the iPad, but I can live with that.

Attached some photos. And as you can see, I go all black. :p

Lol. I have the exact same setup.

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    416.3 KB · Views: 191

Hackfix21

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2011
I have the Joli sleeve for my Macbook Air and really like it. However, I corresponded with them about their sleeve for the iPad mini, and they're of the firm view that the iPad's form factor should not be compromised with a cover, so they want you to go "naked" - they won't make a slightly looser version that would accomodate a smart cover. I know from the Macbook Air sleeve that it's a fairly tight fit as is, so I doubt that you'd be able to fit it with a smart cover.

Here is my recommendation for a sleeve that works well with iPad mini including front and back case, as well as a number of alternative sleeves:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1526602/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.