Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BossTone74

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
I'm not going to give a long review, as I have only had my case for less than 24 hours. But with the case itself acting as a protector of my phone, I can say its brilliant. I tossed it in toilet and pissed on it. After I cleaned it up I made a call on it and was surprised that I had to keep asking people to repeat themselves. I cranked up the volume and everything. I wonder if I'm missing something.

----------

I just got my obex about an hour or so ago.

Had to make one call (to obex customer support but more on that in a minute) and wow...all I can say is the call volume doesn't sound muffled at all! Amazing so far!

I'll post more about my first reqctions to the case later tonight!

About the customer service call- the case is supposed to come with extra port covers/flaps whatever you call them but my case did not. I was on the call less than two minutes before someone answered, way better than lifeproof (i was on hold for 20 mins to just buy a case.) After just a second of explaining what happened they are shipping me the extra parts. I also realized I would love to have the holster and they let me add it on for just the price difference of the combo case instead of making me return the case and purchasing the combo or charging me $29. So far customer service has won me over from the LifeProof!

Where does it say it's supposed to come with extra port covers?

mike1111

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
Can someone please measure the case? With measuring tape please, since what's written on box is wrong.

----------

Where does it say it's supposed to come with extra port covers?
I don't have the case but it says so under "Package Content" in the instructional manual (link on the Obex product page).

BossTone74

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
You are correct it does say within the manual that is comes with SPARE audio and lighting port flap and a SPARE mute switch rubber flap. I shall making a call.

----------

Can someone please measure the case? With measuring tape please, since what's written on box is wrong.

----------

I don't have the case but it says so under "Package Content" in the instructional manual (link on the Obex product page).

I got 14.5cm long and 7.2cm wide

mike1111

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
I got 14.5cm long and 7.2cm wide
I'm sorry, but that can't be right either. The LifeProof Fre is 137.5 mm x 67.1 mm and obviously bigger than the Seidio Obex:

IMG_0280_zps0ab71ff9.jpg

vajeff

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2011
How has the Obex been performing for everyone that has had it a few days?
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. :mad:

Working just fine! No rainbows, screen is flat, etc. I hear folks just fine, and they hear me with no issue! Still have not tested speaker phone too much though.

I have had it since Friday now. Mine did not snap shut in one corner (but still passed the water test), and they are sending me a new one that shipped yesterday. They are also sending me the extra flaps that were missing fro mine.

smeg36

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Obex is in stock at Amazon for those who have prime to save on shipping. Better hurry though, looks like they have limited stock. I just ordered mine.

Last edited:

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Still do not have my case and paid for Fed Ex overnight shipping. They did not ship my case the same day. :mad:

Wondering if the belt clip rotates or is it fixed in that one position?

Cubano21

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Still do not have my case and paid for Fed Ex overnight shipping. They did not ship my case the same day. :mad:

Wondering if the belt clip rotates or is it fixed in that one position?

They did the same thing with me because the day (Wednesday) I ordered it, it was after there cut off time. Even the next day (Thursday) it didn't show shipped until late night, but it did ship Thursday and got to me by 12:00pm Friday. Mine came FedEx and FedEx updates there systems late. Like puppers said it does rotate, and it has a locking system so your phone doesn't accidentally fall out.

puppers

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
Detroit, MI
They did the same thing with me because the day (Wednesday) I ordered it, it was after there cut off time. Even the next day (Thursday) it didn't show shipped until late night, but it did ship Thursday and got to me by 12:00pm Friday. Mine came FedEx and FedEx updates there systems late. Like puppers said it does rotate, and it has a locking system so your phone doesn't accidentally fall out.

Not trying to be a jerk, but next day shipping is different than same day shipping. I mean, just because you order it today, does not mean it will ship today. Next day shipping means you get it the day after it ships. Again - no disrespect, it does not say anywhere that it ships same day and from what I have seen in my online purchases, is a company that can really ship the same day will say so.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

My order was in way before their 12:00 deadline. Hopefully I'll get it some year :p

BossTone74

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
The below response was given when I inquired about the spare port pieces.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Seidioonline.com. The additional covering ports should be attached to the inside of the packaging in a clear plastic bag. Please look carefully inside the case and the packaging to make sure they are in there.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at 832-204-1118.

Thank you,

Seidio Customer Service

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
The below response was given when I inquired about the spare port pieces.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Seidioonline.com. The additional covering ports should be attached to the inside of the packaging in a clear plastic bag. Please look carefully inside the case and the packaging to make sure they are in there.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at 832-204-1118.

Thank you,

Seidio Customer Service

I called and the lady I spoke to asked no questions and just said they would ship the port covers to me.

Cubano21

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Did anyone actually get the spare covers in their case?

I didn't but, the funny thing is it doesn't say it is supposed to be included in the box. I only called because someone else posted on here that they did. I know that in the Galaxy S3 unboxings i have seen these included in the boxes.

Attachments

• IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 97

dakota316

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2011
Missouri
Anyone thats got this case, do you notice a bit of rattling when playing music, etc through the speakers? I can notice a slight rattling, and didnt know if im crazy or what. lol. I also did not get the extra port covers, but the manual inside the box says their supposed to come with it, so will be calling, lol.

mike1111

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
I didn't but, the funny thing is it doesn't say it is supposed to be included in the box. I only called because someone else posted on here that they did. I know that in the Galaxy S3 unboxings i have seen these included in the boxes.
Well, when you buy it online the only information you have about the package content is the manual on the product page.

I just got my Obex case two hours ago and the spare flaps were missing as well. Wrote an email to Seidio customer service and got a reponse less than an hour later: they will send my the spare flaps. So I gues they are either supposed to be included or Seidio is honoring the product information on their website. :)

What a different customer service experience compared to Lifeproof. 7 weeks and multiple emails later I still wait for a response (any response) from Lifeproof support regarding my defective Fre case... :mad:

Cubano21

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Anyone thats got this case, do you notice a bit of rattling when playing music, etc through the speakers? I can notice a slight rattling, and didnt know if im crazy or what. lol. I also did not get the extra port covers, but the manual inside the box says their supposed to come with it, so will be calling, lol.

Dakota316 - did you own a LP Fre case before the Obex? If so you are just experiencing paranoia from owning the Fre lol. I do not have any rattling through the speaker. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.