Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zotaccian

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
Quick stupid question: if I purchase an app is it logged on to my Apple ID account so that if I decide to sell my iPad I can then install the app to my new device for free or do I need to buy it again?

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Quick stupid question: if I purchase an app is it logged on to my Apple ID account so that if I decide to sell my iPad I can then install the app to my new device for free or do I need to buy it again?

It's yours for life. Apple ID.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden

It stays glued onto your AppleID. However - if you buy an iPadversion of a game you wont be able to play that game on your iPhone and vice versa.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Oh ye, ure right but isnt the resolution getting messed up?

iPhone apps run at iPhone size or 2x, not perfect but can be good. Varies from app to app. Universal apps look perfect whether you're on iPhone or iPad.

Not always. Some devs out there have made their games for both the iPhone and the iPad, not just an iPhone game stretched onto an iPad screen. It all depends on the developer.

Sounds like you're mixing up iPhone specific apps and universal apps. See above.

Angelo921

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2007
Anyone know of a way to fix the Facebook notifications not working on the iPhone 5? I've tried turning notifications on and off and even deleting icon a reinstalling and still not working. It was working fine a couple days ago and then just stopped.

L-Tuned

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
Anyone know of a way to fix the Facebook notifications not working on the iPhone 5? I've tried turning notifications on and off and even deleting icon a reinstalling and still not working. It was working fine a couple days ago and then just stopped.

it's an on and off thing.. it happened to me a while ago and I reset all the settings possible but still no good. All of a sudden, it started working normally :confused:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's quite strange, I'm suddenly experiencing the exact same thing, after years of no notification or really any other Facebook issues on iPhone 4, and even no issues with that on iPhone 5 since I got it until exactly two days ago, out of nowhere.

aicul

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2007
no cars, only boats
tracking apple purchase

Take your apple tracking number, place it on a note.

Then touch the number as you would a telephone number, iOS will propose to track the delivery.

It then opens Safari on the correct page with the track number set correctly.

(I have not read all posts, so excuse me if this is a duplicate)

vtstarck

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Take your apple tracking number, place it on a note.

Then touch the number as you would a telephone number, iOS will propose to track the delivery.

It then opens Safari on the correct page with the track number set correctly.

(I have not read all posts, so excuse me if this is a duplicate)

This has been available for a long time. Maybe iOS 4?

chrisjfarrell

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2013
Manchester, UK
Queue next track!

26. In music app, ability to play a song and go back to a list of music and select 'add to playing now'. Basically be able to create a playlist on the fly.

Come on apple, this is an easy one, sort out a queue next track. This infuriates me on the bus to work!

I know there's apps for that but i don't want to use other apps or have them open, I want it like iTunes 11!

maricc

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
26. In music app, ability to play a song and go back to a list of music and select 'add to playing now'. Basically be able to create a playlist on the fly.

Come on apple, this is an easy one, sort out a queue next track. This infuriates me on the bus to work!

I know there's apps for that but i don't want to use other apps or have them open, I want it like iTunes 11!

I suppose you could create a playlist

scott523

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Saint Charles, MO
I had this strange battery life indicator bug appear today since updating to iOS 6.1 the day it came out. It would remain stuck at 19% until I rebooted my iPhone. I did just that since I knew my iPhone battery could never maintain 19% for 3 hours standby followed by surfing the web for 30 minutes. After rebooting, my iPhone showed I had 5% left...

Can Inelli

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2011
My battery was fine until today. Today something weird happened. I had %39 left (iPhone5, 6.1) . I received a call from a friend. 15 seconds after I answered the phone suddenly the phone turned itself off. I tried to turn it back on but it did not. Instead it told me to connect to charge. I came home plugged it in and then it turned on. Then I took out the cable and now im using it normally i have %30 left.
Why do you think this happened ?
Anyone else experienced a similar situation ?
Outside it is minus 5 celsius. So a bit cold while I was on call.

gglittle

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2012
My battery was fine until today. Today something weird happened. I had %39 left (iPhone5, 6.1) . I received a call from a friend. 15 seconds after I answered the phone suddenly the phone turned itself off. I tried to turn it back on but it did not. Instead it told me to connect to charge. I came home plugged it in and then it turned on. Then I took out the cable and now im using it normally i have %30 left.

Yup, several times on every phone, Windows, Android, or iPhone that I have owned. In my case I can for sure state it's always a fat-finger problem. On occasion I have put the phone in it's holster and in the process, because the phone was still ON, managed to activate an app that sits there waiting on input. When I pull it out later, it's hot and I can see the app still sitting there dutifully awaiting input. One good one is when I accidentally kickoff "Destinations' which is the Ford/Lincoln sync app used for GPS.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland

I had that too. I wasn't on the phone, was listening to music. It turned off and toll me to charge, I plugged it, it beeped like normal and turned on, I unplug and 30% left.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.