Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Mexican food, usually, though some people report success with Indian.

Failing that, you could always just use the iMac.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Is it normal to see some light on a black screen?

Also, you don't have bleed in the corners. Bleed is when part of the light is shining through the actual panel edges. What you have is viewing angle deficiencies, which IPS panels have. Sit right in front of that "bleed" and you'll see it disappear completely. If it were bleed, it wouldn't disappear.

e.g. this is NOT bleed.:

IMG_0523.jpg

e.g. this IS Bleed:

ipad-2-light-bleed.jpg

Which do you have?

Tbdbuckeyeitl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
Mine looks more like the bottom left but not as bad. I get a little bleed on bottom left and top right corner.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
No.

And you won't notice it except occasionally on dark screens. With ambient light in the room you might never notice it.

Agreed, I think people are looking for things that are wrong with your newly purchased iMac's. If you only use it like you have been in the past and then if you notice something fine, then complain to someone about it. But don't go to extremes to find stuff wrong, the problem is, if you look hard enough you will find something small wrong. Question that you have to ask yourself is this:

Can I live with it? ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.