Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrioBriss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
Canada
Looking forward about what we know about the rumored Apple TV screen?

What might be that much revolutional? And when is it setted to be out? I heard about a 2013 but I feel like it's not the year yet, thinking about a new Mac Pro etc.

Nov 28, 2010
located
It will probably not be called "iTV" due to some national broadcast TV station over in the UK having the rights for that name.

Apart from that, not really anything, but then again, who knows.

warvanov

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2011
It will probably not be called "iTV" due to some national broadcast TV station over in the UK having the rights for that name.

Apart from that, not really anything, but then again, who knows.

I wouldn't rule out the name iTV just yet. Apple has made deals with other companies to use existing brand names or trademarks in the past.

That said, I don't think it will be called the iTV anyway.

Nov 28, 2010
located
I wouldn't rule out the name iTV just yet. Apple has made deals with other companies to use existing brand names or trademarks in the past.

That said, I don't think it will be called the iTV anyway.

Can you provide an example, as I am not fluent in that history, except with that other company called Apple, that still sell some albums from some old teeny band, but they came to an agreement, that neither goes into each others' business areas, which Apple somehow broke with that iTunes Store and the band that other company provided for (they hardly had anything to eat) got a wee bit mad about this, but in the end settled it and now that bands music is also available in the iTunes Store, but only with a small amount of prints, as far as I have gathered.

Nov 28, 2010
located

*Batman*

Contributor
Oct 2, 2012
Gotham City
Looking forward about what we know about the rumored Apple TV screen?

What might be that much revolutional? And when is it setted to be out? I heard about a 2013 but I feel like it's not the year yet, thinking about a new Mac Pro etc.

I think the revolution of TV from Apple, if they can get it to work would be a different way to get content from the content makers and providers. A totally different model separate from the standard cable/satellite channel packages. I think it would be more of an on-demand service like iTunes and Netflix, only you'd be able to get live or currently airing shows without having to purchase packages of channels.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
I have heard....

a) Tim Cook saying the tv arena is an area of enormous interest for Apple
b) Eddie Cue engaged in talks about content and promoted to VP of Internet Services (not sure about it is the right title, forgive me!)
c) Rumors about supply chain leaks and the same....

In this point, I have to confess, I dont have big evidence about the existence/debut of the iTV. But still, I think that iTV is possible.....and dont think so, if it exists, that will be called iTV.....

:):apple:

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
What do we know about the iTV" ... Nothing. no more than when the name was coined four years ago. Its about the same as "what do we know about Big Foot".

Nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.