Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 9, 2003
Hi everyone,
My computer stopped connecting automatically to my airport. I have it as remembering the password, and the password is saved in keychains. In the network system preferences, I have it set as a preferred network. However, every time I wake my computer up or bring it back to the house it says it can't find any of my networks, and asks me to choose from a list (which contains my airport). When I click on it, the password is already there, and I tell it to remember this network, but it never does. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

cboxgo

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
here's a fix!

you're probably like me and thought it made more sense for the system preferences.app to go in utilities. well, if you moved it from applications then that's your problem. do the following:

1) delete the network from network preferences
2) delete all references to the network from keychain
3) move system preferences.app to '/Applications' (The problem is caused by moving it away)
4) re-join the network
5) Check the system keychain to see if it has added the key

i was fighting this and did the aforementioned steps and now i get my auto connect. :) i hope this helps you too...

auburnfusion

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2010
cboxgo, THANK you for the fix. Though your post is from 2008, my MBP 10.5.8 was undergoing the same problem as Ja Di ksw, and your remedy was perfect. Though I don't recall ever moving the System Preferences app ever... but whatever.

Thank you!

cboxgo

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
Yw

cboxgo, THANK you for the fix. Though your post is from 2008, my MBP 10.5.8 was undergoing the same problem as Ja Di ksw, and your remedy was perfect. Though I don't recall ever moving the System Preferences app ever... but whatever.

Thank you!

You're welcome. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.