Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cam493

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
I'm using a Mac Mini with a wireless Logitech mouse/keyboard, and for some reason I get jumpy/non-accurate performance on my Mac Mini, compared to my main desktop and HTPC. I've increased the mouse/scroll speed by a bit to help out, but it feels like everything's either way too slow, or way too fast.

Are there any ways I can optimize/calibrate my mouse?

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
I'm using a Mac Mini with a wireless Logitech mouse/keyboard, and for some reason I get jumpy/non-accurate performance on my Mac Mini, compared to my main desktop and HTPC. I've increased the mouse/scroll speed by a bit to help out, but it feels like everything's either way too slow, or way too fast.

Are there any ways I can optimize/calibrate my mouse?

I just replied to your other thread. Too bad I didn't see this thread first. So you have a Mac mini. While I suggest the Apple trackpad, I know it doesn't fix your mouse issues. Those still need to be fixed.

You mentioned something called USB overdrive. I strongly suggest you uninstall or disable it. I looked at the author's web page and it says it handles unusual keyboards and mice. There is nothing unusual about a Logitech keyboard and mouse. Use the stock USB setup on OSX and your problems should be over. I have a Logitech V470 BT mouse on my Macs and it works fine (when I choose to use it). No funny behavior. No jumping around. It just works.

BTW, another thing that can cause erratic mouse behavior is a system that is bogged down by heavy CPU load. You wouldn't happen to have a browser open with a couple hundred instances of flash in the background would you? If you use Chrome, enable click to play and all those hidden flash, java and silverlight objects that can steal away your CPU resources are blocked unless you click to enable them.

Cam493

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
My Mac's pretty fast. I upgraded it from 2GB to 8GB of RAM. The mouse acceleration itself is a bit off, and adjusting the tracking speed isn't helping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.