Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snaps042

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Hi,

This morning (Europe time), I started Safari and went to my mail tab. A mesage told me that 'for security reasons' my Apple ID had been disabled and I should go to 'iforgot.apple.com' to reset my password.

I followed the on-screen instructions, entered my Apple ID and then opted to 'answer security questions'. This I did and the system accepted my replies. I then selected a new password which I entered twice.

The password was accepted by the system and the on-screen instructions told me that I could now access my account.

I went back to icloud.com and put in my Apple ID and the NEW password. Up came the message that 'for security reasons' my Apple ID had been disabled and I should go to ... hang on, I just did that.

I tried the new password on my iPhone. That was rejected too.

Strangely enough, the new password worked when I logged into the Apple Discussion form but that's it. I'm still locked out of my icloud/mail account.

Hope someone can figure this out?

Thanks for your time.

Stu

Mark-C

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2013
Exactly the same issue here. Was using my iPhone when suddenly I had a box show up asking me to enter my password for iCloud, after entering the password 3 or so times it seems to have messed something up. Looking at the Apple service status there aren't any issues with iCloud so I'm utterly confused as to why this has happened? :confused:

Everything I own that relies on iCloud is now popping up with a message stating my account has been locked and that I need to change my password!

Not the least bit impressed!

PaulhanRipple

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2013
Paulhan, Occitanie, France
Me too. I haven't been able to access anything iCloud for nearly 5 hours now. But the system status says that everything is fine!

----------

And I'm now getting this message when I try to access an apple forum: "This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons. Visit iForgot to reset your account (https://iforgot.apple.com). Forgot your Apple ID? "

PaulhanRipple

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2013
Paulhan, Occitanie, France
OK. Suddenly everything works. I can get to iCloud.com with my new password. I have to close and reopen Mail on the mac but there they are now all of my lovely emails. I have to restart the iPhone but mail is there now as well.

Wonder what the problem was.

snaps042

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
I called the Mac Service people who spent 1hr 32 mins trying to sort it out. Eventually, I was put through to a supervisor who initiated a total reboot of my account. I had to wait 24hrs for the email which allowed me to start over with a brand new password.

Everything worked fine after that.

However, at night I switched everything off and the following morning I received the same message saying that I had been locked out of my Apple ID account.

It is now the weekend and have had no email for 48hrs. Pity the poor supervisor who foolishly sent me a 'congratulatory' email. His inbox will contain some choice words when he comes into work tomorrow morning ... I am not pleased at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.