Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaelfdk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2013
Denmark, Europe
I have an iPad mini and mainly using it for reading and surfing the web. Reading through iBooks, Instapaper etc. Also think it is perfect for playing games.

What do you use your iPad for?

ctdonath

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Earning a living.
Finally landed a dream job writing iOS apps. Not anything exciting to the masses (unless you need access to enterprise data from mobile devices), but I'm having a blast writing code and making a decent buck.

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
Writing, art and music apps, GPS, reading, research, cooking (recipes and ingredient lists), calendar, messages, mail, studying, occasional games, movies, banking, weather and checking on things like how close fires are to me (a considerable concern in rural Australia), gardening info, Facebook, streaming radio from various countries, read later apps mostly Pocket, forums, dictionaries, translators, heaps of other reference materials, taking notes combining handwriting, drawing and typing, and yoga and workouts, various utilities.

sharpycl

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2009
Gaithersburg, MD
Watching/Listening to media in bed. Browsing when I'm not on the computer. Checking email in the morning while on the sofa chugging coffee.

Whatever I need it for at that moment. ;)

CoMoMacUser

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2012
Browsing, reading (but rarely answering or composing) emails, music, videos and using about a half-dozen apps (e.g., Twitter, TV Guide).

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I use mine for media at work, home and around campus. I also use it for powerpoints and documents in class. My iPad mini fits great in my backpack and will have lots and lots of use in the future! Great student resource in my book.

HERO XXL

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
95% of the time, comics. The remainder, checking email. I used it for school when I was IN school, but now, just comics.

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
Mostly for reading. I use it to read the news and check the weather while I'm eating breakfast on the morning. I use it to read books and magazines. And I occasionally use it for some light web browsing while I'm lying on the couch (using it right now actually).

Don't use it for games, email, or productivity. Can't even sync my work email with anything that's not Outlook.

naz-dream-boys

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2012
i have an ipad 2 back from 2011, originally used it for gaming but now i only use it to check twitter and occasional internet browsing from downstairs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.