Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sun surfer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2010
I have a pretty big music library and I'm on a mission to clean it up, and I need to start fresh with my itunes. So what I want to do is move all my music to another program, erase it all from itunes, then sort of start over by going through the music on the other program, adding what I want back to itunes and erasing the rest.

This is going to take awhile (like seriously, it's a side project so it might take months) so I don't want to just use playlists or whatever on itunes while I'm doing this; I want what I have in itunes to be the good stuff and the rest or the undecided somewhere else. I guess I'm sort of OCD but that's the way I want it.

I can't have two itunes on my computer (wish I could, that'd be so much easier!) so I need another itunes-like program to put my library on while I do this. Any suggestions? Thanks.

c-Row

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Germany
What about a second iTunes library? If you hold down Alt while clicking on the iTunes logo it asks you to either open an existing library - the one you already have - or create a new one like "My Cleaned iTunes Library" in whichever directory or drive you prefer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.