Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tvguy

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
iPhone 5 and BT/GPS

The new 6.1 update fixed the ongoing problem with my iPhone 5 and my Garmin GPS. Before incoming calls would come through to the BT headset for a few seconds then get transferred back to the phone from the BT connection on the GPS.

Now the connection is solid. I am using the GPS on my motorcycle so I couldn't grab the phone and make any changes with gloves on...:D

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Also—when the Bluetooth is connected, that "airplay" icon lights up orange. The use of orange in a UI from Apple seems odd—but it looks nice! I noticed the new music controls right away because I stream music over Bluetooth to the Aux-In on my car and use these controls every day. The orange really stood out to me. Perhaps a hint of what's to come in iOS 7? Attached is a screenshot of me connected to my Apple TV with no music playing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 100

faizoff

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
New song title layout?

I can't remember but didn't the song listing have the time listed in another column beside the name? I see it's right below the name now.

5t3f4n

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
not just in iOS 6.1 but just in 6.x in general, I don't like that they changed the skip buttons from |<< and >>| to << and >> without the | to me, they are just search fast forward and search rewind and not "skip forward" and "skip back"

am I the only one that is bothered by this?

I have actually thought about that before, but they also function as search if you hold down the button. So I guess it's OK...

Also, has the "Finished" button always been there in Panorama mode?
I thought you were forced to finish the shoot before you got a picture.
http://oi46.tinypic.com/352jjvn.jpg

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
Does anyone's keyboard feel faster? It finally has the responsiveness of pre iOS 4 for me. There are less simultaneous key pop ups and the feeling of lag. It overall feels more responsive.

I still wish they would split the keyboard in landscape mode. It's a bit too centred for the iPhone 5's height.

BlaqkAudio

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2008
New York
Yes I honestly think it was Googles request...they took out Background Audio in Safari. You also used to be able to do it in the Jasmine app(youtube app) but it said that at Googles request for them to take off background audio.

Im not exactly sure why they took that feature out it was a fantastic feature i would always listen to Youtube videos and turn my screen off.
Wrong, YouTube requested Jase (creator of Jasmine/Alien Blue) to remove automatic background audio. Manual background audio worked fine in 6.0.x. Now background audio using Safari/webview is broken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.