Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
This looks very interesting.
surfacepad_group_headermain.jpg

surfacepadiphone_lefthero.jpg

surfacepadiphone_centerimg.jpg

SPiPhone_centerimgclock.jpg

http://twelvesouth.com/products/surfacepad_iphone/

Last edited:

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
I like this.. sleek, nice, and clean..

However, I really like the convenience of having my wallet and phone together, so I'll stick with BookBook. If they could make it (bookbook) thinner, I'd be all over it like a pit bull on a pork chop.

BL.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
That looks awesome! I'm loving my Spigen slim armor, but this would be great for more "black-tie" type events.....

Dammit, I'm such a case snob....can't ever decide on one I absolutely love....or in this case, I find TWO I really love.

My wife's gonna kill me.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Looks nice, but I wish Apple designed the iPhone to be smart cover compatible.

I don't like covering the back, though I use an SGP ultra thin clear case.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Looks nice, but I wish Apple designed the iPhone to be smart cover compatible.

I don't like covering the back, though I use an SGP ultra thin clear case.

I've wanted this as well but I'm afraid that wont happen with the iPhone 5 because it lacks magnets.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Just wish they had come up with a way for it to lay a little flatter when folded back. If you watch the video closely, it looks like it adds a lot of thickness when folded back to talk. I noticed most of the still clips are using earphones to talk.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
I wonder how many times you can remove this case. It uses an adhesive and says it can be removed many times. Many to them could mean 5 times.

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California
Thanks for checking! Can't wait anymore lol. Just ordered the Red Pop for my White iPhone. Hope it looks/feels good in person!

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
I wonder how many times you can remove this case. It uses an adhesive and says it can be removed many times. Many to them could mean 5 times.

A couple tech sites have said "hundreds of times". Not sure if that's true.

I'd like to see this case in person. I have a dodocase bookback on my naked phone which is similar for the back. I think I would prefer if the surfacepad didn't have a stand (or maybe an option for it) so that it would flip/fold back easily and flat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.