Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sf23103

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
January 2 order Just changed to preparing in the last 5 minutes. Trying to update the spreadsheet but it says google's servers are busy.

(San Francisco)

IMAC 27"
Processor: 3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz"
Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
Storage: 768GB Flash Storage
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
Mouse/Magic Trackpad: Magic Mouse
Apple Keyboard and Documentation: Apple Wireless Keyboard (English)

(Edit)
Looks like someone messed up the spreadsheet pretty bad. Ugh.

Last edited:

epsharp

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
It's a beautiful thing!

My 27: iMac arrived yesterday (a day early) and so far so good...no great! It a behemoth compared to my MBP i've had for several years! Last night when I thought I needed outside help, I tried getting thru to Apple Support on-line, I couldn't get passed the "give us your serial number" page. I input it (more than once) and kept getting, "We're sorry, but that product is not eligible for support. In general, products manufactured more than five years ago are not supported by this program." The issue I was seeking help on was "my" doing...and I resolved. Tried again just now and got the same message.

Shpenza

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Barcelona
January 2 order Just changed to preparing in the last 5 minutes. Trying to update the spreadsheet but it says google's servers are busy.

(San Francisco)

IMAC 27"
Processor: 3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz"
Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
Storage: 768GB Flash Storage
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
Mouse/Magic Trackpad: Magic Mouse
Apple Keyboard and Documentation: Apple Wireless Keyboard (English)

(Edit)
Looks like someone messed up the spreadsheet pretty bad. Ugh.

You are right, someone has kicked the spreadsheets ass, its all messed up now. :(

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Somebody deleted my order from the spreadsheet as well.

That's sad. The spreadsheet is ruined. It was so useful. I'm hoping it can be repaired :-(

----------

That's sad. The spreadsheet is ruined. It was so useful. I'm hoping it can be repaired :-(

Also. There is an expeditors.com app for your iphone that you can put your track number in ( starting 82...) that is very useful. It's free and it remembers the number. Quicker than refreshing web page

90 iMacs on their way to the London shortly :)

theshirlgirl

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2012
Stores have some stock

As others have mentioned, stores do have some stock. I walked into a store in NH today and purchased a 27", 3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, 8GB 1600MHz, 1TB Fusion Drive Flash, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5. Lucky for me it was exactly the configuration I was looking for and the stores seem to be getting this configuration in stock in limited supply.

solarno

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
I'm not quite dead!

Everything on the spreadsheet looks fine except that the Nickname column had been deleted. I just added that back in. Based on dates and build everyone should be able to find theirs. :)

sf23103

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
Everything on the spreadsheet looks fine except that the Nickname column had been deleted. I just added that back in. Based on dates and build everyone should be able to find theirs. :)

Yay, it looks like someone fixed it. The first column was all messed up, but it's been repaired. :)

Miikejs22

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2013
Liverpool
----------

[/COLOR]

Also. There is an expeditors.com app for your iphone that you can put your track number in ( starting 82...) that is very useful. It's free and it remembers the number. Quicker than refreshing web page

90 iMacs on their way to the London shortly :)
Would that app be available on Android do you know?

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
Ordered on the 21st. walked into the store today picked one up and cancelled my order.

Enjoy the wait everyone.

Edit My display is damaged. I'll exchange my computer tomorrow.

I also called AppleCare about getting a download code to redownload iWork 09 because I no longer have the CD. she wanted to sell my the cd for 20$ + shipping. I mentioned that the iMac does not have an optical drive. I said I only have one computer.

I see many of you are getting expedited shipping and in some cases a free optical drive. I cancelled my order after having both the iMac.

What can I say to get an optical drive free of cost or at least a download code to redownload iWork.

Last edited:

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Ordered on the 21st. walked into the store today picked one up and cancelled my order.

Enjoy the wait everyone.

But what did you get? Was it what you wanted or did you have to settle? Most of the orders waiting are Built to Order by the user. The store can not keep BTO's there in the store. Stores carry base units only with the slowest processor , lowest ram, etc etc. So just curious if you Settled or Got What you Really Wanted?;)

skewedview

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
I spoke too soon

My 27" iMac arrived this morning at 10:30am CST, after being ordered on January 4th. The machine is perfect. No fan issues, it's completely quiet ... even when pushing it to the max. The screen has a normal amount of backlight bleed, much less than any of the previous iMacs I've owned. No dead pixels. I couldn't be happier.

Good luck to those who are still waiting ... it's well worth the wait.

So ... a quick update, to anyone who is interested. I haven't experienced any issues with excessive background bleed or fan issues ... but an issue I haven't yet read about with this generation, vertical lines.

I have about a 1.5 inch section on the right side of the screen that vertical (and blinking) lines appear. Granted, at this point, they only appear against certain shades of grey and green ... but I fear that it may get worse over time.

I contacted Apple, and they're sending a replacement and a shipping label to mail this one back (they offered a box, but I kept all of the packaging intact.)

So I'm pleased with their customer service, as always. Just disappointed that it had this issue. To test if your new iMac has the exact same issue, I created a 3000px square image, solid color #898989. I'm attaching an image to give an example of this.

28lqvjc.jpg

theshirlgirl

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2012
But what did you get? Was it what you wanted or did you have to settle? Most of the orders waiting are Built to Order by the user. The store can not keep BTO's there in the store. Stores carry base units only with the slowest processor , lowest ram, etc etc. So just curious if you Settled or Got What you Really Wanted?;)

This isn't accurate - I walked into a store today and purchased pre-configured (but not base) model ($2599 + Apple Care). And it was exactly the specs I wanted. They even swapped the magic mouse for the track pad for me!

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011

I got what I wanted which is the base model 27". Unfortunately there is physical damage to the bezel and the display so I will exchange it. Bummed I didn't notice it in the store.

Out of four Apple computers that have come into my home three have had some sort of issue.

mlsiemon

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2008
It arrived (one day early)

My 1/1/13 order: 27" 8GB 3TB Fusion, numeric keyboard & wired mouse,
just showed up (31-Jan at 3:30 pm) one day earlier than projected when it shipped. Location Oakland, CA. Just about to start unboxing...

iainc

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2013
Cheltenham, UK

This doesn't seem to be working for me. Tried both the 82xxxxxxxx reference and the 1Z4xxxxxxxxxxx tracking number and the app finds neither of them.

large farva

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
It looks as if reports of express shipping for all 27" iMacs is incorrect. The attached image of my tracking info at FedEx says 'International Economy'. That would appear to be corroborated by the actual tracking info. After being picked up early yesterday morning, it sat in Shanghai for over 24 hours before actually leaving earlier today. It went though Japan today, and if it made the connecting flight, it should have just landed in Anchorage. I'm crossing my fingers that it makes the flight to Memphis tonight, and then makes the journey back to Los Angeles.

All in all though I'm not worried or upset at the wait. When I ordered the machine Apple said it would be delivered between Feb 4-11. FedEx says I'll have it on the 4th. Apple has kept every promise they made to me regarding delivery.

I noticed that too. I was personally told by Apple that my order was upgraded to Express Shipping. They told me everyone's was in order to get them to the customers faster. I really can't understand it, because it's confirmed that a couple customers received their iMacs with Express Shipping even though they selected standard, so some people DID get upgraded. I don't know why. I mean yeah, it sucks cause Apple specifically told me mine had express shipping, so I was expecting it friday or saturday, but now I see that it's just shipped Economy with a estimated delivery date of February 6th (Wednesday). I'm not really upset though, because one, I only selected Standard Shipping, so it's not like I lost $30, and two, it's arriving a day before my estimated delivery date by Apple, which was February 7th - 14th.

By the way, what's everyone's shipping method? Out of curiosity.. You can see it at the very bottom of the FedEx tracking page, and UPS pages will say it right up top usually.

----------

Delivered today. I'm not home yet, but getting from China to Philly in 4 days is mighty impressive.

So did you get Expedited Shipping? Seems that some of us are and some arent. Kinda sucks because like I stated in my most recent post, every Apple rep I spoke with told me specifically that MINE was upgraded to Express Shipping. Either way, I don't mind that much as it's arriving a day before Apple quoted me. Maybe by getting the Freebie SuperDrive Apple said "**** that, he's not getting expedited shipping AND a SuperDrive!", lol, who knows.

Nismo73

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2013
I noticed that too. I was personally told by Apple that my order was upgraded to Express Shipping. They told me everyone's was in order to get them to the customers faster. I really can't understand it, because it's confirmed that a couple customers received their iMacs with Express Shipping even though they selected standard, so some people DID get upgraded. I don't know why. I mean yeah, it sucks cause Apple specifically told me mine had express shipping, so I was expecting it friday or saturday, but now I see that it's just shipped Economy with a estimated delivery date of February 6th (Wednesday). I'm not really upset though, because one, I only selected Standard Shipping, so it's not like I lost $30, and two, it's arriving a day before my estimated delivery date by Apple, which was February 7th - 14th.

By the way, what's everyone's shipping method? Out of curiosity.. You can see it at the very bottom of the FedEx tracking page, and UPS pages will say it right up top usually.

It says for me: FedEx International Priority DirectDistribution.

I'm still thinking mine is on the FedEx90 flight which is about to go over Utah now, so getting my Mac tomorrow morning on Long Island is a possibility if it transfers over to the Memphis to JFK flight which would take off around 3:00am and get to JFK by 5:00am-ish. It just has to get to my delivery site early enough to be put on the truck. I wish I knew now so I know when to take off from work...

luminouslight

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2012
Orlando FL
My new order is Jan 31st..

I had a new 27" already but my hard drive died in it literally yesterday. Very weird too, it happened while in bootcamp. Took it to the apple store and they checked it for me. It's a 1 Terabyte fusion drive, the flash storage was ok and showed up but the hard drive wasn't repairable and it said it had 0 bytes on it. The Genius Bar issued me a replacement but since its BTO and I ordered online I have to wait 3-4 weeks for a new replacement. I'm so angry and frustrated. My shipping date is feb 28- march 7. :(

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.