Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacVM

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Okay, so my quandary isn't as serious as the title would have you believe...but i do have a question that's been bugging me for awhile. I'm going to be upgrading to the ipod photo soon and I was wondering, would the album icon show up on the ipod photo if the music is from a burned CD that was burned from the original CD? Also, does anyone know of any good cases for a 60 gb ipod? Thanks, guys!

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
The artwork will show up if you have the artwork in iTunes. IE you download the cover art from Wal-Mart and drag it to the empty box.

Or you can use a program that will do it for you. theres a bunch on versiontracker....

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Phat_Pat said:
The artwork will show up if you have the artwork in iTunes. IE you download the cover art from Wal-Mart and drag it to the empty box.

Or you can use a program that will do it for you. theres a bunch on versiontracker....
I use Clutter and love it, others on MR also recommended it to me. There are other similar apps.

MacVM

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
So you get the cover art for free from these programs? Can someone please explain how the program works?

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
MacVM said:
So you get the cover art for free from these programs? Can someone please explain how the program works?
I'm pretty sure that the VersionTracker page describes it... essentially, you start the app while playing a song in iTunes. This app will then go to Amazon and find the cover art, then you copy it into iTunes. Poof.

MacHarne

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2005
Virginia, U.S.A.
devilot76 said:
This app will then go to Amazon and find the cover art, then you copy it into iTunes.
I found just using Amazon was easier for me. Although, starting up a new library is considerably easier by letting Clutter run overtop of iTunes.

maxterpiece

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2003
MacVM said:

yep. so so free. really free. less than a penny.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
Yeah Cluster pretty much works...but there are some songs that Amazon.com doesn't have the Artwork...if that's the case, u have to do it manually from Walmart...

MacVM

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
DarkNetworks said:
Yeah Cluster pretty much works...but there are some songs that Amazon.com doesn't have the Artwork...if that's the case, u have to do it manually from Walmart...

How would I go about doing that? *Sorry. I'm a clueless dummy*

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
MacVM said:

Select the songs in the album you want to add the art to, click the album art button in iTunes (bottom left row of buttons 4th from the left), make sure the little box that pops up says "selected song" to change to this click on the title of the box, drag your picture into that box.

Now clutter, as previously mentioned, will do all this for you.

iDM

macrumors 6502a
Dude man try fetchart, even just reading how clutter works makes me think fetchart would be much easier. It runs once and automatically puts album art with every single song unless you do not have the right title, or album name.

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
DarkNetworks said:

I found that if Amazon.com doesn't have the artwork, Amazon.co.uk does ... except for classical musical ... with so many versions available, unless you have the original CD box it's next to impossible to know which version of the music you have.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
MacVM said:

Hm...if you use Cluster, u can just click on the "Copy Artwork to iTunes and it'll automatically do that.I assume that you're playing the song u want the artwork...i personally find it easier to play the song and let cluster search for the artwork...you can do it without playing the song actually...and btw, i if you don't really have a big library and one something easy, you can try out FetchArt, it basically gets the whole list of the song in your itunes and it downloads all the artwork for all the songs in your iTunes.The album artworks are downloaded from Amazon.com(i'm not sure if it downloads from amazon.uk).So you might not get all of the artworks.I've use it once and find it okay, it's jus that i don't like it b'cos everytime, it just downloads the whole list, i'm not sure if there's any way to tweak it or whatsoever.But if you have a small library and the songs that you have are pretty popular and mostly available in amazon.com, i'll say give it a shot.
Okay about doing it manually, in iTunes i usually select the song i want to get the artwork, then i hit command + "i" or u can click File>>Get Info, it works either way, then click the tab Artwork. Next, i open a browser and search in Walmart for the album artwork that i want, and drag the picture into the picture into the box (located in the Artwork Tab that u just selected in iTunes).
Hope this helps...
:)

Switzermac

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2005
Clutter is a great program i use it regularly it is the best availible or you can just use amazon

MacVM

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Well, until I get my Mac (grrrr, about a week later than planned thanks to fedex), I can't use any of those programs, so I've just been copying and pasting from amazon. Does anyone know how to "undo" album art? I accidently pasted the wrong album art and when I try to paste the correct one on top, nothing happens. Thanks guys. :eek:

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
MacVM said:
Well, until I get my Mac (grrrr, about a week later than planned thanks to fedex), I can't use any of those programs, so I've just been copying and pasting from amazon. Does anyone know how to "undo" album art? I accidently pasted the wrong album art and when I try to paste the correct one on top, nothing happens. Thanks guys. :eek:

Click the song you want to get rid of the artwork for, get info, click artwork, click on the picture, click delete.

I assume you can also do this for a group of songs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.