Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yateseyd1991

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2011
UK
More iPods to add to my collection!

iPod Nano 4th Gen Product Red 8 & 16GB!

Attachments

• IMG_2142.JPG
    IMG_2142.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 144

Holdencommstra

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Sydney Australia
More iPods to add to my collection!

iPod Nano 4th Gen Product Red 8 & 16GB!

Are these yours?It looks like it's from the seller selling the ipod touch as you can see the keyboard behind it.

I need a product red 2nd-5th gen.I should of bought the red 5th gen back in 2009 but i bought a stupid blue one instead not knowing the red one is more valuable.

i have 5 colours out of 9 in my 5th gen nano collection with orange,red,pink and yellow still hunting for.:(

----------

iPod Touch 1st Generation 8GB, week 35 of 2007, still sealed.

iOS 1 or 1.1?

I presume week 35 is pretty early for this as far as production weeks go?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Apple-..._PortableAudio_MP3Players&hash=item3f217310ef

It's surprising that the 1st gen touch cost more then a 32gb 5th gen touch:)

Only collectors will buy the 1st gen touch since if you are buying it to use you would rather get the 5th gen with a larger screen,camera's,better battery,volume rockers,mic and 10 times faster i think.Things has gone along way from 2007 to now.

I reckon the 5th gen is the best ipod touch ever made so far but for packaging i still have to award the 1st gen.If only packaging stayed that way.

yateseyd1991

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2011
UK
Yes they are mine as is the iPod Touch on eBay :)

I'm not so sure the iPod Touch is worth that much to 99.99% of people, but to someone it may complete their collection, would be a real shame if someone were to buy it to use, hence the price

I've also just bought the 5th Gen iPod Nano Product Red - 8GB & sealed, one of the best looking iPod ever made in my opinion, pictures coming soon!

:apple: iPhone 5 32GB White, iPad 3 16GB Black, iPod Video 5.5G 240GB, Shure SE425's :apple:

Holdencommstra

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Sydney Australia
Yes they are mine as is the iPod Touch on eBay :)

I'm not so sure the iPod Touch is worth that much to 99.99% of people, but to someone it may complete their collection, would be a real shame if someone were to buy it to use, hence the price

I've also just bought the 5th Gen iPod Nano Product Red - 8GB & sealed, one of the best looking iPod ever made in my opinion, pictures coming soon!

:apple: iPhone 5 32GB White, iPad 3 16GB Black, iPod Video 5.5G 240GB, Shure SE425's :apple:

I need that ipod touch 1st gen with that artist on the box(forgot her name).
I got the 1st gen touch sealed with lenon on the box i think his name was and i will need the third artist as well so i currenlty got 1 out of 2 1st gen touch's.

For $399 and that touch isn't the 16gb model it doesn't seem worth it as the 5th gen touch cost even less and also the 1st gen ipad and i once saw a 3rd gen classic sealed sold for $400ish.

$150-$200 seems more lilkley to get a buyer since most of the lenons sell for $99-$150 and the 16gb one goes up to $200.

Hope to see a photo of your ipod collection soon.By the way how come your selling your touch?

yateseyd1991

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2011
UK
Its the Macy Gray box, selling because I like to change my collection as well as making a bit of money doing it to fuel other hobbies (like the gaming keyboard you see in my pictures :p )

I'd like to think my prices aren't that ridiculous to the right person, but unfortunately shipping to the United States isn't cheap! I would actually be loosing money on those costs :(

I was hoping I'd get a bit more due to the fact this is such an early example (manufactured in August before it was released) but only time will tell

Picture of my collection coming soon...

Holdencommstra

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Sydney Australia
My sealed 1st gen ipad australian model came.these are hard to come by since there's not many australian sealed ipads left and it took me ages to find one.

I did find couple of sealed 1st gen iPad in the newer box with IOS 4 but wasn't interested in them.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Has anyone still got there 1st gen ipad sealed?

ericleer

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2013
earliest known 1st Gen 5GB, week 44 production >?

Howdy.

I recently acquired a 1st Gen 5GB iPod, serial # GQ243XXXXXX, week 44, (another site shows week 43) production number 206, (2002)

Are there any known out there with an earlier S/N?

This one is all good, works well, 547 songs, good battery.

Only issue is some light case wear, and, headphone jack missing a *tiny* edge section, but does not seem to affect sound or connection in any way.

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

~e

Last edited:

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Howdy.

I recently acquired a 1st Gen 5GB iPod, serial # GQ243XXXXXX, week 44, (another site shows week 43) production number 206, (2002)

Are there any known out there with an earlier S/N?

This one is all good, works well, 547 songs, good battery.

Only issue is some light case wear, and, headphone jack missing a *tiny* edge section, but does not seem to affect sound or connection in any way.

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

~e

Well, you actually have what we collectors refer to as an iPod generation 1.5 ;)
Considering the serial, its produced week 43 in 2002 after the second generation was introduced. Some would say your iPod is a refurb, but that has been debated in this thread. This said, there are lots of iPods with earlier serials out there. I myself have a couple from 2001 and early 2002...

I can't see the risk in providing us with the whole serial number. Have you checked the serial with this link? http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html

The damage on the headphone jack is a common beauty flaw on used iPods. iPods without this damage are more valuable to a collector!

ericleer

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2013
thanksya.

That's what I was thinking, the site you provided (thanks), was where I got the week 43 results.

I have a source where I come across used iPods, and have had a few true 1st, and 2nd generation ones come across.

I'll most likely be putting it up for sale soon, though.

thanks again for the help, really!

~E

Well, you actually have what we collectors refer to as an iPod generation 1.5 ;)
Considering the serial, its produced week 43 in 2002 after the second generation was introduced. Some would say your iPod is a refurb, but that has been debated in this thread. This said, there are lots of iPods with earlier serials out there. I myself have a couple from 2001 and early 2002...

I can't see the risk in providing us with the whole serial number. Have you checked the serial with this link? http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html

The damage on the headphone jack is a common beauty flaw on used iPods. iPods without this damage are more valuable to a collector!

Holdencommstra

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Sydney Australia
guys do you know anywhere can i get brand new iphone 3gs?

Ebay.You will find one from time to time.
You no longer get purchase it in retailer stores since apple doesn't produce them anymore.

Are you looking for the 8gb or the 16gb/32gb?

the 16 and 32gb were the first ones that came out in 2009 and they are rare to find sealed but the 8gb which not long ago been discountiued are being sold on ebay.

ianwuk

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
Yours was a second generation iPod with touch wheel. The wheel was not moving like the first generation wheel. Its not that rare in a used condition. ;)

I loved that iPod so much! After that I had a few non-Apple portable MP3 players and they were never as good. I am now back with the iPod Classic, I just wish Apple would offer one more update for this family with more storage (160GB is not enough).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.